Thursday, September 30, 2010

Booking Through Thursday: Jumping the Shark





Booking Through Thursday is a weekly meme hosted here. This week's question:

Suggested by Jennifer:
If you read series, do you ever find a series “jumping the shark?” How do you feel about that?
And, do you keep reading anyway?

I love series...I think it started as a kid when I devoured every Baby Sitter's Club and Sweet Valley book ever. Getting so devoted to characters and invested in their lives is why I love to read, so series are perfect for me.

But, of course, I've had to stop a few midway through. I gave up on the Wicked Lovely series, but not because I disliked it. I just started to feel like there was a fairy overload. In between the books, this fairy trend just picked up and by then I just...had enough. (I fully acknowledge how geeky this sounds.)

That's not to say that I won't pick it up again down the line. That's the beautiful thing about a series! You can always come back to it and, for the most part, pick back up where you left off.

What do you guys think?

Anna Reads young adult book blog

2 comments:

  1. Ok I'm tired because I have no idea what Jumping The Shark is LOL. From what I do understand, there are some series that I'm half way through and my attention kinda wanders so I either need to stop or motivate myself again. Most times I stop but that drives me nuts because then I have an "unfinished" series hanging over my head *rolls eyes at myself*

    I came by today to pass on the Versatile Blogger award and if you're ok with it, click on my name below and it'll take you to the post with all the info on it. Congrats :)

    The Bookish Snob

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL @ the comment above me.. I had to google "jumping the shark" before I answered this question! HAHA

    I disliked the House of Night series. That is the only one that I know of which I have yet to read on past the first book. For the most part series are interesting to me. Because you get to keep reading about your fav characters & such.. however I don't like it when the storyline becomes repetitive.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...