- Going Bovine by Libba Bray: Not so sure about this one. It sounds a little trippy. But it won the 2010 Prinz Award, so it's gotta be good.
- Saving Francesca and Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta: I loved Jellicoe Road so much that I thought I'd better give her other books a shot.
- Fire by Kristin Cashore: I adored her book Graceling but was very put off when I found out this "sequel" was just set in the same word...different characters. I had been really hoping for a continuation of the first story. But I've stopped being stubborn about it and am ready to give this one a go!
- Deception by Lee Nichols: If I'm not mistaken, this is the first of the Haunting Emma series. Spooky.
- Vixen by Jillian Larkin: This flapper book is actually an ARC that came to me at work by chance. Score! The book comes out in December, but I've been hearing good things and can't wait to start reading.
Sunday, October 31, 2010
New Loot from the Library & IMM
I had a very successful trip to the library this week...so successful that I realized I was getting more books than I could possibly carry and had to return half of them. I'm sharing my loot this week in the ever-popular "In My Mailbox" feature hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren in which people share the goods that came to them in the mail that week. Okay, so the library isn't quite my mailbox, but close enough.