Sunday, October 31, 2010

New Loot from the Library & IMM

I had a very successful trip to the library this week...so successful that I realized I was getting more books than I could possibly carry and had to return half of them. I'm sharing my loot this week in the ever-popular "In My Mailbox" feature hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren in which people share the goods that came to them in the mail that week. Okay, so the library isn't quite my mailbox, but close enough.

Photobucket


  • Going Bovine by Libba Bray: Not so sure about this one. It sounds a little trippy. But it won the 2010 Prinz Award, so it's gotta be good.

  • Saving Francesca and Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta: I loved Jellicoe Road so much that I thought I'd better give her other books a shot.

  • Fire by Kristin Cashore: I adored her book Graceling but was very put off when I found out this "sequel" was just set in the same word...different characters. I had been really hoping for a continuation of the first story. But I've stopped being stubborn about it and am ready to give this one a go!

  • Deception by Lee Nichols: If I'm not mistaken, this is the first of the Haunting Emma series. Spooky.

  • Vixen by Jillian Larkin: This flapper book is actually an ARC that came to me at work by chance. Score! The book comes out in December, but I've been hearing good things and can't wait to start reading.
Lots of good stuff, plus a few NetGalley ARCs still on the Kindle. Better get reading! Anna Reads young adult book blog

14 comments:

  1. Ahhh I feel like everywhere I turn, Vixen is hovering right in front of my face. I can't wait to hear what you think.
    And YES, we will hang out. We live too close not to. I'm gonna have to keep an eye out for events/signings up there so I can pay a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so many nice books in your mailbox this week! I am eager to read Vixen:) Enjoy them all and have a Happy Halloween!
    Here is my mailbox

    And don't forget to check out my giveaway... just click here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Library can definitely be a mailbox equivalent in my book!

    I'm one of the few who enjoyed Fire immensely. I think there were too many comparisons to Graceling for so many readers but they both stand very well on their own.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vixen and Fire!

    Happy reading!
    If you want to know what I got in my mailbox this week, check out my blog here-
    http://themodpodgebookshelf.blogspot.com
    Blessings,
    Gabrielle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, Going Boven, Vixen, and Fire. Very awesome grabs! I'm a huge library user (I'm a poor college student), so most of my IMMs involve books I get from the library. xD Anyway, happy readings this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to read Going Bovine and Fire. I've been seeing Vixen around the place so I'm gonna check it out.
    Great Mailbox:D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard great things about Going Bovine. I almost picked it up the other day at Barnes & Noble. And yay for Vixen! I'm hoping to read my copy this month & get my review up before December... so many books to read!!! aggghhh!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for Vixen! I can't wait to hear what you think of it, especially after reading Bright Young Things. I'm very intrigued by Going Bovine too...you'll have to tell me how it is :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I NEEED Vixen! And look at you Miss Utilizer of the Library! So proud of you! I should follow your lead!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved Finnikin. I really want to read Saving Francesca. Jellicoe Road was one of my fav books in years.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Anna! I think I can safely say that I spent the least amount of money in order to break the buying ban. That counts for something right? I think I'm going to start hitting the library again once I get my TBR pile down to a more manageable number. I'm jealous of how great your library is. Mine hardly ever gets new YA books anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've heard some mixed reviews about Going Bovine. I haven't read it, but look forward to seeing what you think of it. Happy reading this week. :)

    Here's my In My Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  13. Vixen looks really good and Fire is fabulous! I haven't been able to finish Going Bovine yet - I loved her other books, but found myself bored with that title.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Eek! Hope you like Saving Francesca & Finnikin of the Rock as well. :D I thought both were really good.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...