Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Top 10 Fictional Crushes

Over at Broke and Bookish, Jen is sharing her Top 10 Fictional Crushes. Which got me thinking about mine, listed below in the order in which I fell for them. It sort of feels like writing up a list of ex-boyfriends...

Dr. Gilbert Blythe from the Anne of Green Gables series by Lucy Maud Montgomery:
My first book crush. When I was about 10 years old, I used to sit in the back seat of our car during road trips and read these books again and again until we arrived at our destination. He was so attractively...reliable.


Calvin O'Keefe from the Time Quartet series by Madeleine L'Engle:
L'Engle describes Calvin as "the boy that we all, all us girls want to meet. Not all of us are lucky enough to meet a Calvin, but I was. And I married mine." Hello, he is willing to TRAVEL ACROSS TIME for Meg. Most dudes won't even travel across town for a girl.


Mr. Fitzwilliam Darcy from Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen:
Watching his icy facade melt = the ultimate swoonfest. Also: the lake scene in the BBC version. 'Nuff said.


Mr. George Knightley from Emma by Jane Austen:
Watch this. That is all. Can you tell I love BBC adaptations?


Edward Cullen from the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer:
Whatever. I know he's a prick. Don't judge.


Marcus Flutie from the Jessica Darling/Sloppy Firsts series by Megan McCafferty:
Marcus is my one true love (besides the hubby). Okay, maybe it's tied with Mr. Darcy. He sings songs, writes poems, makes confusing T-shirts and commits to vows of silence...yet he is—miraculously—one of the most REAL characters I've ever read.


Jace from The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare:
Sometimes cocky is hot, okay?


Sam from the Wolves of Mercy Falls series by Maggie Stiefvater:
He's just so sincere and lovable. And that's coming from me, who hates werewolf books.


Roger from Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson:
I just read this earlier this month, but already I'm in love. It might have something to do with his good musical taste.


John After from Going Too Far by Jennifer Echols:
I never thought cops were hot before.


Honorable Mention: Laurie from Little Women...up until the end when he ran off with Amy. The d-bag.

Agree? Disagree? Who are yours?

Anna Reads young adult book blog

16 comments:

  1. I love that you put Gilbert Blythe from Anne of Green Gables! I never read the books, but LOVED the tv series. Seriously brings me back to my childhood, haha. And was that a typo? did you mean to say 'Anna of Green Gables'?? lol

    I have Going Too Far to read, must get on that! and I keep hearing about the Jessica Darling series.. may need to look in to those as well.

    Awesome list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. can not believe that I forgot about Gilbert!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to check out the Wolves of Mercy falls series. If a non-werewolf fan such as yourself liked the series it speaks volumes to the readers obsessed with the genre (like myself). Great picks!

    Carmel @ Rabid Reads

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for Mr. Darcy (he'd have a whole harem is he wanted to it seems) and Mr. Knightley! I totally agree with you on Laurie, loved him until he got together with Amy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay Jace! Gosh everyone seems to just love Mr. Darcy! He did not make my list however lol!


    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  6. John After was on my list too. Be still my beating heart!

    Ali @ Vorvolaka

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, Gilbert - what a great choice! Anne takes so long to really notice him, poor guy.

    And Roger was on another list so I think I should read that book! It looks cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gilbert Blythe is by far my fave crush---but Jack from Circle of Friends was a big crush of mine (until the end of the book when the truth was known!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. John After almost made it on my list, but it was between him and Adam from Echols's Endless Summer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your list! I really want to read Going too Far, I've only read Forget You and loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with your comment about Laurie from Little Women but he had to many one of the March's and he and Jo would have fought like cats and dogs.
    This meme has just rekindled my crushes on the guys on my list. sigh!
    -Anne
    http://headfullofbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. New follower!!

    -Anne
    http://headfullofbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Marcus (Sloppy Firsts) and Roger (Epic Detour) are my two favorites on your list (even though Edward and Sam also made crush list).

    Thanks for joining in with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a hot little list! I LOVE good old Gil :) and john after has it all going on.

    also, can't wait to read Epic Detour - have preordered the paperback.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...