Wednesday, October 20, 2010

"Waiting On" Wednesday 4


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine to shine a spotlight on upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Bumped
By Megan McCafferty
HarperCollins, released April 26, 2011
My next novel, BUMPED, goes on sale April 26th, 2011. It was described in Publishers Weekly as “a sharply funny and provocative dystopian novel set in a world where only teens are able to have babies, and are contracted by adults to carry them to term.” I’ve been calling it a cross between Heathers and The Handmaid’s Tale.

— From Megan's blog

Well, there's a long wait ahead of me for this one. There's nothing but a title and a brief description, but word is that a cover will be released soon.

I'm sure you're all well aware of my adoration of Megan McCafferty and her Jessica Darling series (Sloppy Firsts, etc.) by now. Bumped will be her first novel since the end of the series, and I cannot wait.

Sure, there's a lot of dystopian YA novels coming out lately, but what I love about this is that it's such a departure from what she's done before. I applaud authors who are willing to try something different. Sounds like a "provocative" plot, indeed.

Anna Reads young adult book blog

11 comments:

  1. I did love The Handmaid's Tale, and this has an intriguing twist. Enjoy!

    Here's mine:

    http://lindsaymalone.wordpress.com/2010/10/20/waiting-on-wednesday-oct-20/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds interesting... only teens are able to have babies?! I still need to check out this Jessica Darling series!

    Come see what I'm waiting on at GReads!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good. I like the original idea! Great Pick!

    Check out my WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, this looks pretty good! I can't wait to see a cover. Hopefully it get released soon. Thanks for sharing this! I knew she was working on a new book, but I had no idea when it was coming out.

    Here's what I'm waiting for this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is certainly a departure from my normal reading, need to give it a shot when it releases.. Thanks for the heads up on a new book and new author to me Anna!

    My WoW and WWW today

    jackie >_<

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds original, which is definitely something considering all the Dystopian that's floating around at the moment (not that I'm complaining, it's an awesome genre). Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't heard of this one at all, so thanks for sharing it, Anna! It definitely sounds interesting (and the mere word "dystopian" got me excited)! I also love authors who go out of their comfort zone and try new things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I'm sucked in! I'm definitely making a note of this one...thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds awesome...thanks for pointing this out to me!

    I'm a new follower, by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm also a super huge fan of Megan McCafferty, but I hadn't heard of this one. Thanks for posting about it -- it sounds really quirky and cool.

    Here's what I'm waiting on this week!

    I'm also a new follower, so hi *waves*

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...