Wednesday, October 27, 2010

"Waiting On" Wednesday 5


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine to shine a spotlight on upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Virals
By Kathy Reichs
Razorbill, released November 2, 2010

Tory Brennan, niece of acclaimed forensic anthropologist Temperance Brennan (of the Bones novels and hit TV show), is the leader of a ragtag band of teenage "sci-philes" who live on a secluded island off the coast of South Carolina. When the group rescues a dog caged for medical testing on a nearby island, they are exposed to an experimental strain of canine parvovirus that changes their lives forever.

As the friends discover their heightened senses and animal-quick reflexes, they must combine their scientific curiosity with their newfound physical gifts to solve a cold-case murder that has suddenly become very hot—if they can stay alive long enough to catch the killer's scent.

Fortunately, they are now more than friends—they're a pack. They are Virals.


— Amazon.com description

Photobucket

Bones has been my favorite TV show for a long time. It's got mystery, action, romance, humor...and David Boreanaz. Okay, I'll admit, it was my love for him that encouraged me to tune in at first. But it's the one show I've found myself eagerly anticipating week after week, season after season.

So I was pretty disappointed when I went to go read Reichs' books that inspired the series and found that her Temperance Brennan was so very different from the TV version. She's a lot older in age, and that just didn't appeal to me. But I'm just being stubborn, and now that a YA version is coming out I'm thrilled to give Reichs another shot. YA fiction + Bones = my dream combo!

Anna Reads young adult book blog

10 comments:

  1. Total awesomeness! I saw this book on an upcoming YA list & was intrigued it. Good choice.
    Come see what I'm waiting on at GReads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't watch Bones (I know, the shame) but this sounds super intriguing. I may just have to give Bones a shot first before I try the book...what do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one sounds really good. I haven’t read her other series or watched Bones (even though everyone tells me I should).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds interesting, thanks for sharing!

    http://readingbetweenthewinesbookclub.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This DOES sound intriguing. I tried watching Bones many moons ago and for some reason, it just didn't catch on. But I am pretty interested in this book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love love loveeeee Bones, so this is definitely on my list, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks interesting. I hope when you get your book, that you will enjoy it as much as you hope to. Wanna see what I am Waiting On Wednesday for?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just stopped by to let you know I'm passing on an award to you here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like this forensics mystery has an interesting paranormal spin to it. I've seen that book cover but somehow didn't realize it was a YA spinoff of Bones. Fun!

    - Violet @ The Eager Readers

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...