Wednesday, October 6, 2010

"Waiting On" Wednesday


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Dash & Lily's Book of Dares
By Rachel Cohn and David Levithan
Knopf Books for Young Readers, released October 26, 2010 (soon!!!)

“I’ve left some clues for you.
If you want them, turn the page.
If you don’t, put the book back on the shelf, please.”

So begins the latest whirlwind romance from the New York Times bestselling authors of Nick & Norah’s Infinite Playlist. Lily has left a red notebook full of challenges on a favorite bookstore shelf, waiting for just the right guy to come along and accept its dares. But is Dash that right guy? Or are Dash and Lily only destined to trade dares, dreams, and desires in the notebook they pass back and forth at locations across New York? Could their in-person selves possibly connect as well as their notebook versions? Or will they be a comic mismatch of disastrous proportions?

Rachel Cohn and David Levithan have written a love story that will have readers perusing bookstore shelves, looking and longing for a love (and a red notebook) of their own.


— Amazon.com description

When I was a little kid, I used to have this fantasy that one of the library books I checked out would have a note hidden within it and the writer and I would become secret library pen pals. Kind of like a message in a bottle, but with books. Yeah, I was a unique child...but anyway, this book sort of seems like the YA version of that dream come true. Also, did anyone not love Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist? I expect even more pop culture references out of this one. Looking forward to it!

Has anyone read this in an ARC? Thoughts?

Meanwhile, I'm starting Naomi and Ely's No Kiss List, also by Cohn & Levithan, this week, so perhaps I've just got them on the mind!

xoxo,
Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog :)
    This one looks great...I love that cover, and the idea of the notebook lurking out there in the bookstore world is a great premise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This books sounds really good! Nice pick! & your blog is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm waiting for this book too!! Looks so great :-) I never read Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist, but I saw the movie & loved it!

    Check out what I'm waiting for here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The premise for this book sounds FAB and I am loving that cover oh so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the fun, quirky sound of this book's premise - something different!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just recently read Nick & Norah's Playlist and absolutely loved it! :)

    I have no idea Cohn and Levithan collaborated together on other works besides it! Now I'm going to have to go out and read them all! xD

    Great picks this week <3

    Here's my WoW <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks so good. Love the mystery aspect can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll probably end up reading this. Nick & Norah was crazy but pretty interesting.
    Alison Can Read

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tasha, doesn't that cover fit in perfectly with my blog background? I swear I didn't pick it for that reason, but I do love the aesthetics :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...