Saturday, November 27, 2010

2011 Debut Author Challenge



I'm not really into reading challenges. I'll read what I want to read when I want to read, darn it! And participating usually means spending money to buy the newly released books, and I'm a library kind of gal. But there are so many good books by debut YA novelists coming out in 2011 that I'm joining in. I'll be doing my best to meet the 2011 Debut Author Challenge, hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren.

The Debut Author Challenge highlights young adult and middle grade authors that are releasing their first novel in 2011, and the challenge is to read at least 12 debut novels. I'm by no means holding myself to this list, but here are 12 I'm already salivating over:

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket


I'll keep the list updated throughout the year and linked to on a button on the side of the blog. We'll see how I do. Wish me luck! PS: Check out the special button made for me by Lindsi at Books, Sweets and Other Treats. All her buttons were baked goods, so she made this special "gluten-free" version just for moi! Anna Reads young adult book blog

10 comments:

  1. Great list of books. I have to sign up for this challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, am drooling over all these books, Anna! I swear these covers, too :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, geez. That button looks absolutely delish. xD

    I love this challenge, because there are so many great debut novels that I wouldn't have found out about otherwise. 2011 looks like it's going to be a GREAT debut year, and I can't wait to start the challenge! Good luck with your challenge. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all 12 books that you picked! I wanted to sign up for this, but thought it was too close to the Contemps Challenge - so I'll just pick & choose at my leisure.

    Awesome button btw ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for joining the challenge!! you've got some great titles listed! happy reading and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I've got an award for you~ Check it out in http://derangedbooklovers.blogspot.com/2010/11/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just bounced over from the Story Siren--happy to have discovered your blog. Just read an early review of WITHER and am really psyched for that one! - Stasia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of great books on this list! I have several of them on my list as well. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  9. a fab selection - we have some of the same titles. I am a new follower!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I haven't seen the Awaken one yet. I have a thing for Mason jars.
    Thanks for supporting all these debut authors. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...