Wednesday, November 10, 2010

My Soul to Keep by Rachel Vincent

My Soul to Keep (Soul Screamers, Book 3)
By Rachel Vincent
June 1, 2010
Harlequin, 304 pages



Kaylee has one addiction: her very hot, very popular boyfriend, Nash. A banshee like Kaylee, Nash understands her like no one else. Nothing can come between them.

Until something does.

Demon breath. No, not the toothpaste-challenged kind. The Netherworld kind. The kind that really can kill you. Somehow the super-addictive substance has made its way to the human world. But how? Kaylee and Nash have to cut off the source and protect their friends—one of whom is already hooked.

And so is someone else…


— Amazon.com description

After reading and thoroughly enjoying My Soul to Take and My Soul to Save, I'm surprised it took me a few months to get around to reading the latest installment in this series. I think I was feeling disillusioned by reading series in which nothing NEW ever happened.

That definitely was NOT an issue in this book. Rachel Vincent took Kaylee's world and completely shook it up.

What I loved most about the first two books was that Nash was Kaylee's rock in the world of the bean sidhe (banshees). But when things start to come between the two of them in this book, I was pretty pumped.

Don't get me wrong: I love them together. It's just nice to see an author who is brave enough to, essentially, destroy everything she's built up in two previous books, and who does so in a completely engrossing manner. In this book, Rachel Vincent somehow managed to turn her audience against a main character while never turning them against her, the author. Which is pretty damn impressive to me.

This book had me so captivated, I could hardly put it down. I kept delaying plans with my husband to keep reading. "Just give me 30 more minutes!"

I'll be eagerly awaiting the fourth installment of the series, My Soul to Steal, which comes out January 1, 2011.

You might also like: Evermore by Alyson Noël

Anna Reads young adult book blog

1 comment:

  1. How have I yet to start this series? I assume I am greatly missing out, eh? Great review, Anna! This sounds like my cup of tea :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...