Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Top 10 Characters I'd Like to Be Best Friends With

A Top 10 Tuesday post organized by The Broke and the Bookish. Plus, dream casting that I totally just made up, not even based on descriptions in the books.

Photobucket1. Jessica Darling (The Jessica Darling Series by Megan McCafferty)

In my mind, we've already been besties for years. (Casting suggestion courtesy of ForeverYoungAdult.com)


Photobucket2. Hermione Granger (The Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling)

I may or may not have been voted Biggest Brown Noser senior year of high school. It's not my fault I was mature for my age and had things to discuss with the teachers! Let's just say Hermione and I would have a lot in common.


Photobucket3. Natalie Sterling (Not That Kind of Girl by Siobhan Vivian)

See above.


Photobucket4. Frankie Landau-Banks (The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart)

I'm not afraid to show the boys who's boss either.


Photobucket5. Harriet M. Welsch (Harriet the Spy by Louise Fitzhugh)

You know the girl's always going to have the best gossip.


Photobucket6. Elizabeth Bennett (Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen)

Always befriend the wittiest girl in the room!


Photobucket7. Samantha Kingston (Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver)

I think I could have whipped that girl into shape long before things started to get all Groundhogs Day.


Photobucket8. Katarina Bishop (Heist Society by Ally Carter)

Sometimes it's fun to have a BFF who's a bit of a bad influence.


Photobucket9. Amelia Mignonette Grimaldi Thermopolis Renaldo, Crown Princess of Genovia (The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot)

She's a cool girl, plus befriending royalty certainly has its benefits.


Photobucket10. Josephine "Jo" March (Little Women by Louisa May Alcott)

Outspoken, will do anything for her family, loves to write. Definite BFF qualities!


Who are your potential literary BFFs?

Anna Reads young adult book blog

21 comments:

  1. Harriet is such a good choice! Never woulda thought of her. :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice picks! I like who you cast for Samantha Kingston from Before I Fall. She really does look like her in my mind!

    I notice all girls though - no boy bff's?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, Ginger, boys have cooties. Duh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. FYA freaking nailed the casting for Jessica. She's perfect. Now we must seek her out and make her our bestie. She's real.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome list. I almost put Frankie and Harriet on mine, too. Amelia is a good pick, but I haven't read the book, so that'd be cheating. I don't think I could be friends with Sam Kingston; she'd probably get on my nerves, but maybe if you whipped her into shape first, we could all hang out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved the casting pictures!! and Frankie was sooo close to making it on my list

    ReplyDelete
  7. Herminone and Elizabeth Bennett?! Heck yeah! Those would for sure be on my list :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice List. Elizabeth Bennett made it onto my list, and Jo was a very close runner-up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait until I get to meet the awesomeness that is Jessica Darling. From what I've heard, I think she would DEFINITELY be my bestie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes to Mia!!! I just heard an interview with Anne Hathaway where she talked about the Princess Diaries and it reminded me how much I loved that movie AND the books.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a great list! I'm not familiar with all of the characters but have seen them around today. Looks like I have some research to do.

    Carmel @ Rabid Reads
    Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think Sam from Before I Fall definitely needed someone to whip her into shape!

    Great list

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good Choices . If my ;list could be longer I would have added people like Harriet , Jo, Mia and of course Jessica Darling , I love those books wish there were more in the series.
    Im a new follower
    www.thephantomparagrapher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG!! I just had the BEST thought? Imagine if you got to invite all these people to your house for a sleepover? how effing cool would that be?? and totally loving this list, it makes me happy because a LOT of these would show on mine too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I remember Harriet! She was fun to read.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thinking I need to read the "Jessica Darling" series

    ReplyDelete
  17. "I think I could have whipped that girl into shape long before things started to get all Groundhogs Day." LOVE THIS! You could've prevented a lot :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can't believe that I forgot Frankie Landau-Banks. I LOVE HER. She is the kind of girl I want my daughter's to be! Great call.
    -Anne
    Headfullofbooks

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this! I wrote a similar post on my blog, which is my search for a new BFF in my new(ish) hometown:
    http://mwfseekingbff.com/2010/05/28/rachel-jo-and-lisbethbff-4-ever/

    I second Jo March and Harriet the Spy but would choose Ginny Weasley over Hermione any day. Also Alice Cullen. She's the best.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dude. You'd have to share Katarina Bishop. Unless the THREE of us were besties.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...