Wednesday, November 3, 2010

"Waiting On" Wednesday 6


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine to shine a spotlight on upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Desires of the Dead
By Kimberly Derting
HarperCollins, released March 15, 2011

The missing dead call to Violet. They want to be found.

When Violet Ambrose's morbid ability to sense the echoes of those who've been murdered leads her to the body of a young boy, she draws the attention of the FBI. She is reluctantly pulled into an investigation that will endanger more than just her secret...but her relationship and possibly her life as well.


— GoodReads.com description

This book is the sequel to Derting's book The Body Finder. AND OMG DID YOU GUYS READ THAT BOOK? If no, why not!?

Okay, so I think a lot of my love for it stems from my childhood obsession with Dateline mysteries and Unsolved Mysteries. When I was 8, you'd ask me what I wanted to do and I'd say, "Be a journalist who investigates mysteries for Dateline." Yes, I was a special child. Move on. The point is that The Body Finder made me feel that since of fear, that sense of dread and excitement again for the first time in quite awhile.

And the scene? In the woods? Where she's being chased? Oh, Lord, I had a hard time sleeping that night. Usually I'm all about the romance—which this book definitely has (I adore me some Jay & Violet)—but I loved Derting's sense of pacing so much that it actually took second fiddle to me.

I hope this sequel is just as suspenseful and sweet as the first.

Anna Reads young adult book blog

17 comments:

  1. I JUST got The Body Finder in the mail yesterday! So excited to start reading it.. may need to bump it up to next on my books to read (my pile is seriously HUGE right now!)
    Come see what I'm waiting on at GReads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! I just got the Body Finder from the library. I need to read this and then I'll be excited for the sequel (hopefully).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds fascinating...hope you enjoy it.

    Here's my WOW:

    http://lindsaymalone.wordpress.com/2010/11/03/waiting-on-wednesday-nov-3/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’ve heard so many amazing things about The Body Finder. I really need to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds pretty spooky to me. I will have to start with the Body Finder I guess. Have a great week reading!
    Joy at Books and Life

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh oh! I have TBF! at my house! Right now! Maybe I'll read it soon :) or perhaps closer to the release date of this bad boy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blah! I still haven't read The Body finder yet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. donneven because i want it so badly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have had the body finder for about 6 months and I still haven't read it. Maybe I will get to it soon! Great pick!

    Check out my WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved TBF! Can't wait for the sequel either. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Actually, I don't think you were a strange child. When I got in to Scripps at OU, I think that was the basis of my admissions essay ;)

    Sounds like a great book! Thanks for stopping by earlier - like your blog - new follower.

    -Linds

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can't wait for this either! I miss Jay & Violet :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I seriously can't wait for this one!! i'm just a little in love with jay :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved the Body Finder!! Don't worry- you will not be disappointed with Desires of The Dead-it was fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  15. omg I still haven't read the body finder, but now I'm totally dying to! awesome choice this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just picked up The Body Finder from the library yesterday! I cannot wait to read it, especially now after this scene in the woods you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I need to read this The Body Finder too, dang it, there's too many good books out there I can't keep up! I've heard great things about the first book though, so I want to get caught up in time for this one:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...