Wednesday, November 17, 2010

"Waiting On" Wednesday 7


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine to shine a spotlight on upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Deadly Little Games (A Touch Novel #3)
By Laurie Faria Stolarz
304 pages
Hyperion Book CH, to be released December 28, 2010

Camelia and Ben have discovered a powerful bond: They both possess the power of psychometry, the ability to sense things through touch. For Ben, the gift is a frightening liability. When he senses a strong threat or betrayal, he risks losing control and hurting people. Camelia's gift is more mysterious. When she works with clay, her hands sculpt messages her mind doesn't yet comprehend.

Before either teen has a chance to fully grasp these abilities, an unresolved family tragedy resurfaces in Camelia's life, irrevocably changing everything she cares about...


— Amazon.com description

Creepy chase scenes, a loooove triangle, romantic tension, unexplainable paranormal things happening to the heroine. Forget raindrops and roses and whiskers on kittens...THESE ARE MY FAVORITE THINGS!

The Touch series has all of this. Listen, this stuff isn't reinventing literature here. It's not changing lives, and it's not my all-time fave or anything. But it sure as heck is entertaining! I've read the first two books and I'm sure as heck not stopping now! Must know what happens to Ben & Camelia...

Anna Reads young adult book blog

14 comments:

  1. I had not heard of this series until the hype surrounding this book. I may need to get on those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this series sitting on my shelf...I assume I'm an idiot for not yet reading it? haha I love the covers and the premise! Great pick, Anna! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that cover! Hadn't heard of this series before - will have to check it out. Thanks for sharing this.
    I'm a new follower too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a neat series to get into! Have a great week.
    Joy at Books and Life

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really need to read this series, I'm such a huge fan of love triangles and unexplained paranormal happenings! I didn't know when this third one was coming out though, so thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never read this series before, nor have I really ever heard of it (in detail, at least - I've seen these covers in passing). I should start, though - if only because you <3 them. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I picked up the first book not to long ago but still havent gotten around to reading it. Woe is me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. See I have read the first two books to this series and even though i know the story isn't all that good, i just NEED to read this one to see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've really enjoyed this series! I agree, I need to know what happens to the MC and her love interest :)

    I'm anxious to see how Stolarz continues the story and the "things" we discovered in the previous book.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am anxious to see where Stolarz takes this series. I like the first one better than the second though so I am hoping the third on will be the best yet! Great Pick!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adding another series to my TBR list... :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Psychometry sounds really interesting. I don't know about this series. I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am in a most enduring love with that cover. Simply amazing. :)

    Please do stop by and take a peak at the Reading Bucket List challenge I am hosting for 2011. I think it will be a great challenge to get odd and ends books read.

    Mad Scientist
    madsteampunkery.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...