Thursday, December 16, 2010

Anna's Best of Blogging 2010

This is Part 2 of my responses to the end-of-the-year survey from Jamie at The Perpetual Page-Turner. Check out Part 1: Anna's Best of Books 2010 here.

New Favorite Book Blog You Discovered in 2010
Um, how about ALL of them? I'm not going to play favorites, but if you follow me on Twitter @annareadsbooks, you'll find my chat buddies. They are hilarious, and so are their blogs.

Favorite Review I Wrote in 2010
My review of A Year of Secret Assignments by Jaclyn Moriarty was written before I realized other people would read my blog. I wrote a lot more like myself back when I first started. Reading this again reminds me that I should be a little less stuffy in my reviews.

Best Discussion on My Blog
Adults, Why Do You Read YA?
It was fascinating to hear everyone's reasoning for spending so much time reading about teen life as grown women. Bonus: It spurred at least four similar posts on other blogs. I love that!

Most Thought-Provoking Review/Discussion on Another Blog
I loved Jamie's discussion about book blogger etiquette at The Perpetual Page-Turner. It's a sensitive topic, but it was great to follow along with the comments.

Also, Steph Su had a great post recently about love and its portrayal in the books we read. Check it (and her! she's fantastic!) out here.

Best Event I Participated In
I adore writing up my Top 10 Tuesdays, a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.* People love them some lists.

*I recognize I am five seconds away from sounding like I'm sucking up to Jamie. But I just really enjoy her, okay!?

Best Moment of Book Blogging in 2010
Meeting Tara from Fiction Folio for multiple book signing outings. We clicked instantly and laughed our asses off.

Best Bookish Discovery
NetGalley.com is the best, hands down. Galleys sent straight to my Kindle? Um, yes, please. They are spoiling me, and I love every second of it.

What a year it's been! I feel so blessed to have started blogging this year, to have read so many great books and to have met so many lovely fellow bloggers and authors. Looking forward to 2011!

Anna Reads young adult book blog

9 comments:

  1. Hahah..you LOVE me..admit it! I'm flattered really. I won't tell Mr. Anna :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome list put together here :-) Anna, your blog was one of the firsts I discovered & made a point to come back & visit often. You put so much personality in to what you write here! Love it!

    and P.S. Jamie is pretty fantastic, huh? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You claim you won't play favorites, but then you reveal your hand ;-)

    Good thing we all love Jamie....

    I agree that the why do adults read YA post was probably the best discussion, but the evolution of YA was quite possibly the best post of all time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I almost forgot.. I loved your vlog for when you quit the Nano-whatever the heck it's called-thingy! haha That was genius :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup, Netgalley rocks my socks, which I'm not currently wearing, so...well, it rocks my body? Weird? Moving on. Steph Su totally has some of the best posts I've seen around...very deep. The kind of stuff that never actually crosses my mind because it's too deep.

    Anyhoo...great answers all around. As usual :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOOHOO for laughing our asses off :) Can't wait to go to more bookish events this year. And to work like, 2 buildings away from each other.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Melissa, NetGalley is perhaps the greatest discovery for bloggers ever:) I did love your post about adults reading YA as well since people don't always understand why at almost 30 I like to read teenage fiction:) Great post Anna!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha I "enjoy" Jamie too. :P So wonderful to "meet" you this year!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just read Parts 1 and 2. You listed so many great books that I still need to read! Plus, I don't even know who Jamie is... but based on your accolades, I just started following both of her blogs! Thanks for the tip :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...