Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The Best Places to Read

A Top 10 Tuesday post organized by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's topic is "The Top 10 Best Places to Read," though I only made it to #5 today.

Photobucket
1. My reading nook.
Oh, all of you are reading on your Nooks? Well, I'm reading IN my nook. Take that! I do a vast majority of my reading there. See that? That's my actual nook.


Photobucket
2. Bed.
Listen, we all know how this ends. With my husband coming in, finding me passed out on top of my book. But it's comfy as all get out.


Photobucket
3. At my kitchen table with a bowl of soup.
The struggle here, of course, is how to hold the pages down so I can read AND have my hands free for optimum slurping.


Photobucket
4. A coffee shop.
I haven't done this since college, but it's a great place for reading nonfiction. Because nonfiction makes my eyes glaze over, so I need the caffeine to keep me going and the people to watch when I get bored.


Photobucket
5. Um, anywhere that's NOT a car.
Because reading in cars is puketastic.


Okay, that's all I've got. I'll admit, sometimes I read on the stationary bikes at the gym. But I realize that doesn't make for a great workout, so I'm trying my best to be good and just stick to music when working out.

Where do you people read? Can anyone one-up my reading nook?

Anna Reads young adult book blog

16 comments:

  1. I LOVE your nook! That's fabulous & I am super jealous!! This week's top 10 looks fun, I may participate.

    I want to know - how do people read & run on the treadmill??!! I see it all the time at my gym & I don't understand how they're doing it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want your reading nook. I just thought you should know. Your nook > my Nook. That's just sucky.

    I refuse to read on trains, planes, or in cars...or while riding horses, donkeys...anything that moves.

    I do, however, quite love reading while I'm by the fire...in my own special pseudo-nook. Take that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Noooo I can't see the pictures. :( I'm sure they are all lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are all great places to read!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice List. I totally agree about the motion sickness thing – It’s not fair! I seriously don’t think I could survive without audio books.

    Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to not read in cars too. But I discovered that taking dramamine (a motion-sickness medicine) allows me to read in the car! And I love it, because lots of vacations/trips are long drives :o) I recommend trying it. It's a fairly inexpensive medicine (about $5).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your reading nook is awesome! I love it! If I ever came to visit, I'd totally take a picture in your reading nook because it looks like the equivalency of taking a picture in front of the Statue of Liberty. "LOOK LOOK! Get a pic of me in Anna's reading nook!"

    Ditto on cars being puketastic. I can't stand audio books (ok, ok, I've only tried ONE), and I can't read in the car. =(

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so jealous of your nook! Mine is just a corner on the floor (it's comfy though!)

    And I so agree with you about cars being puketastic... reading + cars = not good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your nook is really cute! Looks like a great place read. And I totally agree with you about the car!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your reading nook has made me jealous, I WANTS ONE. I am kind of a freak when it comes ro reading because I can read anywhere anyhow......walking, running, lay down, in a room full of shouting people, at a party, in the bath, in a swimming pool, in the dark. EXCEPT, I am a bit weird about my pages and spines being creased because if by some readon you make me crease my book well you bet i'm gonna destroy your ass.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wish I had a reading nook. I'd love to have a fancy window seat with big pillows.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want your reading nook! It's beautiful and so comfy looking.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want your nook! Also, I can't read in a car either yet I try to alll the time. I keep thinking that maybe this time I won't feel sick.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, I think we'd all love to duplicate that nook in our own homes! It's just lovely! You are hilarious with that car comment. Sounds just like my hubby who is always the "designated driver" because I love to read on road trips. Doesn't bother me at all, but he can hardly even watch me.

    Mine is definitely my couch until I may acquire my own "nook." :o)

    ReplyDelete
  15. i've slept in that nook. once when i had a migraine after reading in the car. oh, the irony.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love it how some people can read in the car and some can't. My friend always asks me how I do it. That it makes her dizzy. I guess I should feel somewhat lucky that I can read while in motion otherwise long car rises and plane rides would suck.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...