Friday, December 3, 2010

Book Blogger Hop & Follow Friday 8

Happy Friday! It's time for Book Blogger Hop and Follow Friday.

Book Blogger Hop


This week’s Hop question is: What very popular and hyped book in the blogosphere did you NOT enjoy and how did you feel about posting your review?

I actually feel like I trust most of the blogosphere's opinions. Sometimes I'll come across a book that was superhyped but I felt "ehhh" about (A Great and Terrible Beauty), but if you just explain your thoughts on the book in a fair manner, it's not too scary to try to explain how you feel to the people who have been saying "OMG I LOVE THIS" to you for ages. Luckily, I haven't found something yet that's been completely praised but I absolutely HATE.

And, Follow Friday is asking: What do you do besides reading/reviewing as a hobby?

Obviously, this is my biggest hobby, but I also love to cook. My husband and I share cooking duties and love trying new foods together. Plus, being dairy- and gluten-free, I have to cook most of my meals, as I can never find anything to eat but salad when I'm out. So thank goodness I can cook! It's also nice to be in Chicago, where there are always cooking demonstrations to check out and new restaurants to try with our friends.

Thanks for stopping by!

Anna Reads young adult book blog

11 comments:

  1. I don't know how you eat that diet. It must be SO hard! I love hearing about all the dishes you come up with though :-)

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. New follower to your blog!
    Keep up the good work.
    Care to follow me back?
    Happy Blogging!

    pruesbookblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Gluten-Free peeps! I'm not gluten intolerant, but I've always respected you for it. Especially seeing what my Dad went through several years ago when gluten-free diets were a thing of myths.

    And I understand (BUT ONLY A LITTLE) your thoughts on AGATB... to be honest, the second and third books were better. And actually, a lot of people gave book 3 some flack with that ending. But thanks for giving them a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know what book made me want to pull out my hair but everyone loved? The Lonely Hearts Club. Gahhhh I could barely stomach it haha

    Other than blogging, I work (a lot), swim (a lot), sleep (less than I'd like to), and eat. Awesome, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just hopping by to say Hi! I’m fairly new to the wonderful book blogosphere, so I’m still anxiously waiting to read my first overhyped book within the community… Not looking forward to posting the review.

    Have a good weekend!

    Stop by if you get a chance. http://twobibliomaniacs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really liked A Great and Terrible Beauty! I'm sorry it was only "ehhh" for you! Maybe books two and three will be better? (I hope so!)

    I'm telling you... you need to read the VA series ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! A question pertaining something other than books! Here's the
    short list of what I'm doing when I'm not reading:

    Cooking, gaming, gambling, drinking, smoking, golfing and sometimes even
    watching TV.

    I expound on all of the above at my blog. Follow me here -
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    Howard Sherman
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hopping through. I love cooking. I'm not dairy free or gluten free, but I do a lot of vegan cooking. I like experimenting.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  9. It must be nice living in Chicago! I'm stuck in stupid Southern California, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi There! I'm your newest follower! I'm the opposite to you - I hate cooking :) If I won the lottery I'd hire a chef! Drop by http://www.sugarbeatsbooks.com and say hi!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You make Chicago sound so nice! I've never been there but it sounds like a cool place. I think I'd better check out your review of Great and Terrible Beauty now...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...