Thursday, December 30, 2010

FIVE Great Rereads

This past week, Adele at Persnickety Snark has been posting a week of FIVE lists. I'm a bit late to the party, but I jumped in earlier this week with FIVE Great Series and today will be tackling with FIVE Great Rereads. Click here to check out her list! Okay, so maybe I picked six...

Pride and PrejudiceJessica Darling SeriesGoing Too Far Jennifer Echols
Stealing Heaven Elizabeth ScottWrinkle in TimeTwilight book cover


1. Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen
I will never swoon for anyone as much as a swoon for Mr. Darcy. Well, except for my husband, but maybe he won't see this. I reread it about once a year, not to mention that I pop in the DVDs whenever I'm cleaning. (Keira Knightley version or Colin Firth version, no matter to me! The more Darcy the merrier!)

2. The Jessica Darling Series
Oh, have we not covered this series enough already on this blog? I'm so sorry, let me remedy that fact: I LOVE IT. I reread this series...a LOT.

3. Going Too Far by Jennifer Echols and Stealing Heaven by Elizabeth Scott
Those who have read both will know what they have in common. And I am as baffled as you are as to whether that's why I would reread them both a million times.

4. A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle
I adore every book in this series. A favorite and constant reread of my middle-grade years.

5. The Twilight Series
Whatever. Shut up. Don't judge me.

What's on your list of rereads?

Anna Reads young adult book blog

19 comments:

  1. I have you to thank for introducing me to Going Too Far :-) that book is definitely a favorite of mine! and I can totally see why you would want to re-read it.

    and Yes to Twilight!!! I really want to read that series again for the 3rd? 4th? time. It's been 2 years since I visited Forks. I miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only read Twilight on that list, but Going Too far sounds really interesting! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Twilight. Shovel. Gag.

    Otherwise...great list you've got going there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely need to re-read Pride and Prejudice, I haven't read it since we were forced to read it in high school and I bet the experience would be very different this time round! Great list Anna:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not judging you! I love re-reading the Twilight series (except for Breaking Dawn)- I always find it gets me out a reading slump if I'm in one. I've read Twilight 17 times and I'm not afraid to say it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i am a FREAK for marcus flutie. i met megan mccafferty a few times--she's also a jersey girl--and really wish that marcus flutie would come waltzing into my living room and sweep me away. lol. i love your list--have read them all with the exception of both books in #3.

    nat @book, line, and sinker

    ps. could you open your comments up to include NAME/URL? it's helpful to us non-blogger bloggers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will definitely re-read Twilight probably a million more times. I, like you, DO NOT CARE! I freaking effing fricking love that series, no matter how stupid Bella is.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been itching to re-read Going Too Far. I could use another dose of John After. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. we need black and red "we love Twilight and Don't care who knows it" bracelets or ribbons or something...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Goal for 2011 - read the Jessica Darling series.

    And yes, I have reread the Twilight series multiple times too. I won't judge :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have you ever read Lost in Austen by Shannon Hale? It's a cute, girly book that is so great for Austen fans (about a girl who vacations at an exclusive resort where they recreate Miss Jane's world). I never get sick of Pride and Prejudice (movie or book version)! I also have a handful of books that I have to re-read every single year. It just wouldn't feel right if I didn't.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hooray for the Jessica Darling series! loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I still need to read the Jessica Darling series! You guys make it sound amazing :)

    And I <33 Mr. Darcy too :P

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Twilight books are awesome. No matter what anyone else says!

    And I had honestly never even heard of the Jessica Darling series until I started reading your blog! I'm adding the books to my library list...

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I read the Wrinkle in Time series so long ago, & I still look back on it as one of my favorites from childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't know what to put here, I read Mr.Darcy and was swooning away... :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wrinkle in Time is the only book I've read from the series, but I agree... it's fantastic! definitely one of my favorites from middle school =)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have yet to read the Jessica Darling series - it looks really good and I have it in my TBR pile. Price and Prejudice is so lovely - I love it even more each time I read it. And Going Too Far is just awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. The Twilight Series, The Sookie Stackhouse Series, Harry Potter ( I have a thing for series), Bridget Jones'.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...