Tuesday, December 28, 2010

FIVE Great Series

This past week, Adele at Persnickety Snark has been posting a week of FIVE lists. I'm a bit late to the party, but I'll be jumping in today with FIVE Great Series and Thursday with FIVE Great Rereads. Click here to check out Adele's list! So, without further ado...

1. The Harry Potter Series by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter book cover

This goes without saying, right? The books...the movies...wow! As far as I'm concerned, nothing holds a candle to the world created by J.K. Rowling. I'm not a superfan by any means, but I might be planning a trip to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter park in Florida for the coming year. If you say you're not curious what butter beer tastes like, you're lying. (Warmed up, melted, boozy Werther's Originals candies, right? You know I'm right.)

Books:
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows



2. The Hunger Games Series by Suzanne CollinsCatching Fire book cover

A fierce heroine. The Peeta vs. Gale battles. All that gore and suspense. This series is unputdownable to the core. Can you imagine the movies? EPIC!

Books:
The Hunger Games
Catching Fire
Mockingjay



3. The Morganville Vampires Series by Rachel CaineGhost Town Morganville Vampires book cover

It's full of funny yet moving gooey goodness down to its vamptastic core. And I love it.

Books:
Glass Houses
The Dead Girls' Dance
Midnight Alley
Feast of Fools
Lord of Misrule
Carpe Corpus
Fade Out
Kiss of Death
Ghost Town



4. The Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra ClareCity of Glass book cover

Love them. Need to reread them STAT before the next book comes out. Amazing characters, the perfect amount of suspense and—who could forget?—JACE!

Books:
City of Bones
City of Ashes
City of Glass
City of Fallen Angels
(not released yet)


5. The Baby-Sitters Club Little Sister BooksBabysitter's Club Little Sister book cover

Gotta respect the "classics," y'all. Yes, we are talking the LITTLE SISTER series here. It's what I was reading at age 7 when my parents let me read chapter books, and it's is where my love of series began!

What's on your list?

Anna Reads young adult book blog

10 comments:

  1. Babysitters Club!! brings me back to my childhood :-) and I did not know you've read the Morganville Vampires series, or maybe I did? lol Anyway.. do I need to put this on my list after Vampire Academy??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic list Anna, I'm just getting into the Morganville vampire series and am loving them. I'm a big fan of Claire and Shane! And the Mortal Instruments has been one of my favorites for a while, I'm a sucker for the snarky boys like Jace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the BSC books when I was little, and I think your list is awesome! I haven't read the Morganville Vamp books, and I probably won't though ;)

    me + vampires = askldjfijasdlkfaksjdead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am with you on Morganville, Mortal Instruments, and Hunger Games!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anna, I love your list! I think I'm going to put together a similar list too. What fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Couldn't agree more with HUNGER GAMES & HARRY POTTER!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness- I am so happy to see another blogger who loved the LITTLE SISTERS series. Karen helped me discover my love of reading. I remember my mom would get "angry" at me because she would buy me one of the books and I'd finish it in a few hours. Haha, awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha, I love how you described butter beer. You're right, that is exactly how I imagine it to taste.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I tooootally agree with 1, 2, and 5. :) I loved those series so much. ♥ I can't comment on 3 and 4 though, since I've never gotten around to reading them. :x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was much more of a BSC fan, but I liked the Little Sister's too. I think I first read the series when I was about 8 or 9, so just a little older than Karen. My favorite one was when Karen took a trip all by herself on an airplane.
    And I love the BSC Superspecial where they all went to Disneyworld and portions are told from Karen's POV.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...