Wednesday, December 8, 2010

"Waiting On" Wednesday 10


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine to shine a spotlight on upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

The Sweetest Thing
By Christina Mandelski
352 pages
EgmontUSA, to be released May 10, 2011

Known in her small town as the Cake Girl, Sheridan Wells seems to be living the sweet life. Lately, though, her one-of-a-kind cakes seem to be the only things she can control.

Her mother has seemingly dropped off the face of the earth. Her father has been offered his own reality TV show and wants to move Sheridan far away from the town she loves. The art teacher wants her to concentrate on class work and not the next cake order. And to top things off, the hottest guy in town is making his move, driving off Sheridan's best friend in the process.

Using just the right amount of romance, family drama, and cute boys,
The Sweetest Thing will entice fans with its perfect mixture of girl-friendly ingredients.

— Description yanked from Classof2K11.com

There are so many reasons I'm looking forward to this book.

1. There's romance.
2. There is going to be cake involved.
3. There are sprinkles on the cover. SPRINKLES!
4. This is Christina's debut novel. I'm all about supporting the "Class of 2K11" as they venture into the YA world.

What book are you waiting on this Wednesday?

Anna Reads young adult book blog

13 comments:

  1. Great pick. This is on my wishlist too. It is part of the contemp challenge and also the sprinkles make me think of freckles (a chocolate we have in Australia - not sure what it is called in the States) that I love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this cover and got really hungry the other day. Thanks for inflicting the munchies on me again. Really though...I can't wait for this either! Great pick, Anna! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ALMOST picked this book for this week! I was very excited for the sprinkles on the cover too :-) But does it sound a little like The Duff to you?? I got that vibe from it. And you know how much I LOVED The Duff ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the cover!!! I don't have this one on my list yet but I will be adding it now. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to eat/lick/devour the cover. I love me some sprinkles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope when you get your book, it is everything you hope it to be. Check out what I am Waiting On Wednesday for.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your list of reasons to read this book! Any book where there is both romance and cake is a book for me. Sprinkles are a bonus:) Great choice Anna!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ok I'm an idiot - this isn't the book that reminded me of The Duff! Sorry lol. I read so many book summaries on goodreads last night & got confused.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pick! The cover is very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Storm Before Atlanta
    By Karen Schwabach
    Publication date: December 28, 2010

    At a time when most people have grown weary of the war between the states, two young children are desperate to find their way to the battlefields. Jeremy DeGroot wants nothing more than to join a troop as a drummer boy. For Dulcie, a runaway slave, freedom means she must head directly toward the fighting in the hopes that she'll become "contraband," that is, property of the Union troops. Both Jeremy and Dulcie find a place with the 107th New York Volunteer Regiment and even start to forge a friendship. But all that is threatened when they keep crossing paths with the mysterious Charlie, a young Confederate soldier, who may look like the enemy but feels more like a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm excited for this one too. I'm going to read it for one of my challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You had me at sprinkles! Sounds like a fun read, and anything cake-based is all right by me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness-this one looks SO cute! I love the cover. Great pick this week!

    Here's what I'm waiting for this Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...