Thursday, January 13, 2011

Book Blogger Hop & Follow Friday 12



A little video I made from my hotel room on Wednesday. I've been in NYC for the week on business, but don't you worry--my knee has healed for the most part and I've had plenty of time for fancy dinners and Broadway shows. New York and I have had a complicated love affair since I first lived here at age 21. It's like an old boyfriend I don't want to spend all my time with but can't help checking up on now and then. Sigh!

Well, it's Friday, which means it's time for Book Blogger Hop and Follow Friday.

Book Blogger Hop

This week’s Hop question is: Why do you read the genre that you do? What draws you to it?

This is a very complicated question, which I—quite luckily—tackled last month on the blog. Check out my thoughts on why I read YA as an adult, and peek at the comments for a very interesting discussion.

And, Follow Friday is asking: What makes up your non-human family?

Ugh, a controversial topic, as the husband and I have recently realized we're allergic to every pet ever. Which complicates matters. However, thanks to the wonders of over-the-counter drugs, I can still comfortably enjoy the company of my two "brothers," my parents' cats, Oscar and Oliver.

Thanks for stopping by!

Anna Reads young adult book blog

20 comments:

  1. Poor girl! Sorry you busted your knee. That sucks, big time. =(

    Oh, and excellent b-roll cutaway. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopping by to say Hello! I'm also a YA fan and love the genre! You can find me blogging here: http://blog.juliealindsey.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read more than one genre. But there are a few genres I don't read. Come see what I do and don't read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I once again prove how much of a flake I am. See, I knew you were in NYC, I knew you had busted your knee and I knew you were right near Times Square. BUT HOW DID YOU BUST YOUR KNEE?? was it scandalous?

    And it truly does suck that this happened :( I LOVE YOU ANNA MY LITTLE BOOK SOULMATE.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Hopping! I stopped by and followed last week. And i love what i've seen of your blog so far ^-^

    www.blackfingernailedreviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi friend! Glad to hear your knee is healing, just in time to go home - huh? & I love your relationship with NYC!! You should come to Houston some time - maybe start a new affair on the side?! Ha!

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi. I'm jealous you're in NYC. You suck. Good thing I like you. Glad to hear your knee is getting better!

    Happy Friday, Anna :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy to hear your knee is getting better...just in time to come back to the Chi right lol?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Anna...stopping by from the hop. I have a dog named Oliver, must be popular name for pets...:D

    Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Friday! Glad to see your knee is feeling better! Enjoy NYC!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Book becomes our escape from reality regardless the genre. :) You can read my answer at Clandestine Sanctuary. Have a great weekend!

    and Anna, rest your knee so you can have more fun! :) Btw, I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  12. New follower, wanted to say hi! Drop by if you get a chance!

    Kristin
    MyBookishWays

    ReplyDelete
  13. Here I am hopping on by...

    I went all over the map with this question on my blog. I read and enjoy almost every genre of fiction out there. There’s no way I could just pick one.

    So I talked about all of them. Even romance fiction (sort of)! I invite you to hop over to my blog at http://www.howardsherman.net and see for yourself.

    Howard A. Sherman
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  14. How is your Friday going? I'm a new follower. Check me out at www.phaedrashowandtell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. New Follower! I don't have any pets but I would like to have a dog!

    Come visit me at katiesamazingbookreviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ow that sucks about the knee. I hope you have fun reguardless of the knee. :) New York is definitely one of those places I wanna visit sometime.

    have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Teixeira is pronounced TAH-SHEER-AH and Kaiah sounds like KAH-EYE-AH haha I don't know how to do phonetics, but that was my best shot at it :)

    I hope your knee is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hopping through. I'm so jealous that you're in NYC. I've always wanted to go. What Broadway shows have you seen?
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...