Friday, January 28, 2011

Book Blogger Hop & Follow Friday 14

Happy Friday, guys! It's time for Book Blogger Hop and Follow Friday.



This week’s Hop question is: What book are you most looking forward to seeing published in 2011? Why are you anticipating that book?

So many good choices. I'd say Bumped by Megan McCafferty, but this book is already in my possession. I think the book I'd most like to get my hands on STAT has to be City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare. The book comes out in April, and it's the fourth installment of the Moral Instruments series. I've gotten so committed to the characters over the years that it's just torture waiting to find out how it's all going to end!

And, Follow Friday is asking: What is/was your favorite subject in school?

English, obvs. I remember going into my senior year of high school and convincing my guidance counselor to sign me up for FIVE English classes. She agreed, miraculously, and it was one of the best things that could have happened to me. That's five of my eight hours of class spent talking books and writing. Heaven!

Journalism class in high school was a close second—I was the editor-in-chief of the school paper. I was a reporter for a long time after that.

And, in college, the best class was called—I am not making this up—"Chick Lit from Pride & Prejudice to Bridget Jones's Diary." Double heaven!

Anna Reads young adult book blog

12 comments:

  1. LOL I'd love to take that Chick Lit class xD

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. What?! I need to take that college course!! I'm really looking forward to my young adult lit class I'll be taking next year for teacher certification :-) How awesome does that sound?! Plus I love that we both listed CoFA, again! And you know this isn't the end right??!! There's 2 more after it!!! MORE JACE!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'm most excited for either Anna Dressed in Blood or The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, but it's a hard choice because SO many good books are coming out!

    As for my favourite class in school...French...because I already spoke it, so I got an hour of nap time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That English course sounds amazing - I took one called "Slavery and the Literary Imagination" - Fantastic!

    Melissa is right! There are SO many good books coming out, so I chose four, haha! Hope you have a great weekend!

    -Linds, bibliophile brouhaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm totally with you on both Bumped and CofFA! Can't it just be April already!?

    ReplyDelete
  6. journalism sounds great- I never took a course in it though.
    My answer: in school I liked JROTC and English!
    I’m hopping by from Follow Friday I’m following you and would love if you follow me too! Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you must have had a large high school to offer all those different English courses (and journalism too!) *is jealous* And that chick lit course sounds like so much fun!

    My favorite class in high school was either English or psych (I majored in psych in university and now I'm interested in the editing/publishing field, so I guess that wasn't too difficult to predict, LOL.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really want to read CoFA was well! But I picked Where She Went for my book I can't wait for! And I'll admit I kind of hated English in high school, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great book picks! Wanted to hop over to say hi and wish you a fab weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The book I’m most expecting in 2011 is by an author I crossed off my “Favorite author” list.

    He’s back on that list now.

    Who’s the author? Raymond Feist? What’s the book? A Kindgom Besieged.

    Hop on over to my website to read all about it – http://www.howardsherman.net

    Howard A. Sherman, Implementor
    Get Inside a Story
    http://www.inthestory.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wish they had classes like that when I went to college.

    My FF and Blog hops

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...