Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Books I Resolve to Read in 2011

A Top 10 Tuesday post organized by The Broke and the Bookish.
This week's topic is "Top 10 Books I Resolve to Read in 2011,"
books you've put off reading but will vow to get to in 2011!


PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket


  • 1. Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen. Must read before the movie—with Robert Pattinson!—comes out.

  • 2. If I Stay by Gayle Forman. Another highly recommended book I want to read before the movie is made. I hear it’s no longer starring Dakota Fanning, though?

  • 3. Torment by Lauren Kate. I really have to get better at following through and reading sequels.

  • 4. Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick. Ditto.

  • 5. And Then I Found Out the Truth by Jennifer Sturman. Ditto squared.

  • 6. Beautiful Darkness by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl. No, seriously. I am THAT bad at reading sequels. That’s #4 on this list alone.

  • 7. The Chicago Manual of Style. Well, you know I’m an editing dweeb. But most of my work so far has been based off AP Style or stylebooks of my own creation. (At my last job, I wrote a 131-page stylebook. No joke.) So I think it’s time to learn me some Chicago style.

  • 8. Gluten-Free Girl by Shauna James Ahern. I’ve trolled her lovely blog for ages to get recipes, but if 2010 was the year I embraced the gluten-free lifestyle, then 2011 is the year I read the book on it.

  • 9. Omnivore’s Dilemma by Michael Pollan. I’ve been meaning to read this book since 2007. Whoops.

  • 10. Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë. I love me some Brontë sisters. But I STILL haven’t read this. I think I’m afraid I’ll love it too much and this Heathcliff dude will break my heart.

  • 10b. Any book my book club picks. I will read a grown-up book from start to finish this year and not just show up at the meetings for the wine. I PROMISE.
Anna Reads young adult book blog

25 comments:

  1. There's definitely some books on here I need to read in '11 too. Water for elephants I borrowed from a friend who well no longer is a friend. Hum. Beautiful Darkness its such a big book. Crescendo...I just finished Hush Hush not long ago and was going to read this right after, but got caught up in another book. Torment although I need to read Fallen first (both are on my shelf). If I stay is a good book that I actually did finish. I'm excited for the second one. Wuthering heights I almost bought today, but I didn't..next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're going to read a sequel from this list, let it be Crescendo! Ahhh Patch <3 that book made me want to smother him, slap him, & then make out with him :D Oh yeah, he's a bad boy - go figure! ;-)

    I have If I Stay on my list too (which will be up later today). Had no clue a movie was being made though?

    RPattz <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I Stay - oh man, get ready to cry! And you are correct - DF is out - wants to spend her last year of HS actually at HS. I'm rooting for Emma Roberts or someone similar - someone reminiscent of a young Anne Hathaway.

    I have Crescendo right now - having trouble getting into it :( I've read most of Gluten-Free Girl - great recipes!

    I adore Wuthering Heights - it's my favorite classic!

    Great list!

    -Linds, bibliophile brouhaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to read Water for Elephants eventually, too....

    If I Stay is really incredible. You should make sure you get that one done before the follow-up book is out. Then you can gloat about not having to wait in between.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great picks! I want to read Water for Elephants before the movie comes out as well. Also, And Then I Found Out the Truth and If I Stay are AMAZING, so I hope you enjoy them. Though, word of warning, you'll be crying by the end of If I Stay.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Water for Elephants is MAGNIFICENT! Great picks all around! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. #7 is my favorite. I may or may not have read the previous edition...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to read a lot of those too! I meant to read Torment and Beautiful Darkness this year but I never made it to them, and I heard so many good things about If I Stay so I need to get that one as well! Looking forward to your thoughts on them Anna!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to read Water for Elephants before the movie too. I started it awhile back and it was so moving and beautiful I couldn't stop crying. I better get back to it. Great blog btw!

    ReplyDelete
  10. From your list I definitely recommend If I Stay- it's amazing! And I need to read Water for Elephants and Beautiful Darkness too.
    Great list overall! Good luck on your reading goals.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Water for Elephants is my favorite audiobook EVER. If you are interested in that format, I would highly recommend the audiobook.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I vote for If I Stay. I haven't read Torment even though when I read Fallen I wanted the second book so bad- now I just can't get into it. Crescendo is good, Patch is totally *Swoon-worthy* and is all I need to be hooked.

    Great list.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Water for Elephants is on my list also.

    Here is my list

    http://teawithmarce.blogspot.com/2011/01/top-ten-books-i-resolve-to-read-in-2011.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm really wanting to read If I Stay - I've heard so many great things about it!

    I also read Wuthering Heights a few years ago & really liked it.

    Have fun reading!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I saw Gluten-Free Girl on my library shelves the other day and thought of you. I hope it's useful to you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I still need to read a few of those myself!

    I wonder how the Water for Elephants movie will turn out... I know it has Robert Pattinson, Reese Witherspoon and the crazy guy from Inglorious Basterds, but I wonder how they will all look working together on screen. It should be interest at least!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful list!! I need to read Water for Elephants before the movie as well...I'm really picky about that...I don't know anything about If I Stay so I'll need to pick that one up as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great list! I really like Water for Elephants. I adored Jacob as an old man!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I would love it if you let me know how Gluten Free Girl is. I am recently gluten free as well (well I do the best I can). Enjoy your books.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Water for Elephants made my list.... I loved If I Stay so much! I'm also hoping to re-read Wuthering Heights this year.

    Fallen & Torment are both sitting on my shelves waiting for me to pick them up.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, you are going to love Water For Elephants! It's fun to see a list with so many "grown up" books. And looking at your list only furthered my resolve to read Fallen and Hush, Hush!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Of the few book club meetings I've been to, I've only read 50% of the books. I just LOVE their company, though, and hardly ever miss. We actually read Water for Elephants for one of our picks. I only got 60% of the way through, but loved what I read. =)

    ReplyDelete
  23. If I Stay is well worth the time. It will make you laugh, cry, and throw the book. When it's done it will continue to linger in your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I loved Wuthering Heights! I am going to read Water for Elephants, too. Though it did not make it on my top ten list - but I am going to read more then 10 books this year.. ;")

    Have fun with your picks!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful Darkness and Torment were really good!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...