This week's topic is "Top 10 Books I Resolve to Read in 2011,"
books you've put off reading but will vow to get to in 2011!
- 1. Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen. Must read before the movie—with Robert Pattinson!—comes out.
- 2. If I Stay by Gayle Forman. Another highly recommended book I want to read before the movie is made. I hear it’s no longer starring Dakota Fanning, though?
- 3. Torment by Lauren Kate. I really have to get better at following through and reading sequels.
- 4. Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick. Ditto.
- 5. And Then I Found Out the Truth by Jennifer Sturman. Ditto squared.
- 6. Beautiful Darkness by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl. No, seriously. I am THAT bad at reading sequels. That’s #4 on this list alone.
- 7. The Chicago Manual of Style. Well, you know I’m an editing dweeb. But most of my work so far has been based off AP Style or stylebooks of my own creation. (At my last job, I wrote a 131-page stylebook. No joke.) So I think it’s time to learn me some Chicago style.
- 8. Gluten-Free Girl by Shauna James Ahern. I’ve trolled her lovely blog for ages to get recipes, but if 2010 was the year I embraced the gluten-free lifestyle, then 2011 is the year I read the book on it.
- 9. Omnivore’s Dilemma by Michael Pollan. I’ve been meaning to read this book since 2007. Whoops.
- 10. Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë. I love me some Brontë sisters. But I STILL haven’t read this. I think I’m afraid I’ll love it too much and this Heathcliff dude will break my heart.
- 10b. Any book my book club picks. I will read a grown-up book from start to finish this year and not just show up at the meetings for the wine. I PROMISE.