Saturday, January 1, 2011

In My Mailbox / Loot from the Library 3

Hi, everyone. Happy New Year! I'm been reading a lot of blogs listing their bookish resolutions. I've been thinking about mine too, but all my resolutions (blogging and otherwise) boil down to one thing: Lighten up and have some fun! Bring it on, 2011.

I'm not sure if it's still on for this week because of the holidays, but I'm so behind in posting one of these that it was time to catch up on In My Mailbox, a meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren.

Anna Reads book loot

SECRET SANTA:
(Thanks to Jamie from Perpetual Page-Turner and The Broke and the Bookish for the goodies! I adore her. The Richelle Mead book is even signed. Jamie also sent me a Starbucks card, which I used for some very delicious soy chai lattes over the holidays. Yum!)

Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
If I Stay by Gayle Forman

Anna Reads book loot

FROM THE LIBRARY:
Rules of Attraction by Simone Elkeles
One Night That Changes Everything by Lauren Barnholdt
A Kiss in Time by Alex Flinn
Dark Water by Laura McNeal

AND ON TO THE KINDLE STUFF...

The Iron Daughter

PURCHASED:
I finished Iron King and couldn't wait for the library to get this one to me. It was a must-read-instantly kind of book!

Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa

Photobucket

FOR REVIEW:
Thanks, NetGalley!

Outside In by Maria V. Snyder

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

FREE:
I went nuts on the freebies offered for my Kindle on Jane Austen's bday.

Mr. Darcy's Diary by Amanda Grange
Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen
Sense & Sensibility by Jane Austen
Emma by Jane Austen

Anna Reads young adult book blog

15 comments:

  1. Wow !! You've got a lot of books this week !! The Vampire Academy series is my favorite YA series !! I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I did !! I've also got Rules of Attraction last week .. and I've ordered If I Stay !! Happy reading! Here's my IMM : onceuponaquote.blogspot.com !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH I adored If I Stay! I was crying by page 22. I can't wait for Where She Went.

    You got some great stuff. I love V.A And the Iron Fey books. Two of my top favorite series.

    Let me know what you think about One Night That Changes Everything, even if you don't review it. I've been wanting to read it but need to prioritize my purchases. (My library doesn't have.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to hear what you think about If I Stay!! I'm glad you enjoyed your gifts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got If I Stay from my secret santa too :-) so ready to read that book!! and I'll be curious to read your reviews for Rules of Attraction & One Night.. I liked both of those books. They were fun & steamy & just enjoyable!

    Cheers to just having FUN! I agree 100%

    ReplyDelete
  5. I second the lighten up in 2011...

    I want to read The Iron King and If I Stay sometime in the very near future - heard super good things about both.

    And I'm pretty sure you are the reason why my books take so long to get to me from the library :) Just kidding! Actually, not really...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of fantastic stuff in your mailbox this week! I really enjoyed If I Stay and Julie Kagawa's Iron Fey series is just fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha, I'm totally with you in excitement for the free e-books... I've gotten about 45 classic from the Barnes&Noble classics series for free on my NOOK <3

    here's my IMM (first one ever!): http://babblingbookworm.blogspot.com/2011/01/in-my-mailbox-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. If I Stay is amazing. I can't wait to hear what you think of it. Fabulous books this week. And I think a lot of us will agree with lightening up in 2011--that's definitely something I need to do, as well. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved the Vampire Academy series (still need to read the last one), & I've really been wanting to read If I Stay. It's at the top of my to-buy list. I also have the Iron Fey series pretty high up on my tbr - they've gotten great reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are going to LOVE One Night That Changes Everything! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. If I Stay and One Night That Changes Everything both look really good. I've seen them both around lately and need to check them out. Happy New Year, doll!

    Here's what's in my mailbox this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I freaking love all the Jane Austen freebies! Gahh love. Great books all around this week, Anna! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anna, I will slap you if you don't read the VA series right away. Seriously - so good! I still need to read If I Stay. Hope you enjoy all your books!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's quite a haul! A Kiss in Time looks interesting. I wish you many hours of happy reading with these :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What great books! I went a little crazy with the free Jane Austen downloads as well :-) And I loved If I Stay - hope you enjoy!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...