Thursday, January 6, 2011

Kate's Top 5 Books

Photobucket

(Ed note: Kate is my big sister. That is us in that box. She loves reading as much as I do. But when she started whining about my review of Before I Fall (She didn't like it and said she could "write 1,000 words on how much it was lame"), I challenged her to write SOMETHING for the blog. So here are Kate's Top 5 Books and her thoughts on them. As you can see, our tastes could not be more different. — Anna)

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

1. A Portrait of an Artist as a Young Man - James Joyce (Hell is scary.)

2. Winter of Our Discontent - John Steinbeck (Because, Anna says, it's more interesting than a summer of contentedness.)

3. Undaunted Courage : Meriwether Lewis, Thomas Jefferson, and the Opening of the American West - Stephen E. Ambrose (You can't make that shit up.)

4. The Caine Mutiny - Herman Wouk (Oooh, that crew's gone bad...)

5. A New Earth - Eckhart Tolle (Great pick, Oprah! Much better than Great Expectations.)

Tschüß,
Photobucket

(Please note that after writing this, Kate started singing "I'm on a Blog" to the tune of "I'm on a Boat." That is all. — A)

8 comments:

  1. Hahahahaha- I love that your tastes are so different. And her mini-mini-reviews really did make me laugh out loud :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that she sang I'm on a Blog. Can we be best friends?

    Also...I think I would die of boredom reading all those books. They probably require thought and, let's be honest, I don't like thinking. I like drooling over hot men in my books, thank you very much :)

    Great guest post, Kate! Do come back haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm on a blog, mother... HAHA! that's awesome :-) and I love that your sister guest posted. And I also love that she didn't like Before I Fall, either - haha. Just kidding! And yes, it's very obvious y'alls book choices are quite different.

    Hi Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm. Well, I do enjoy Steinbeck's works...

    The I'm on a Blog bit is just too good! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG KATE YOUR ON A BLOG!!

    and I have no idea what ANY of those books are but YAY BOOKS <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kate!! Welcome to the blogosphere! :)

    I have Winter of our Discontent on my shelf and I keep meaning to get to that one. I also keep staring at East of Eden on my shelf but it's a beast of a book and terrifies me at the moment.

    I haven't read Before I Fall yet so I'll have to see which sister I agree with :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Was she wearing flippy-floppies?

    I love that your sister wrote a post for your blog! Also, the picture is TOO cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL. I'm on a blog! :D Dang, your sister wins. Seriously.

    A Portait of an Artist as a Young Man and Winter of Discontent are awesome. :) Yay for eclecticism. :P Your sis should guest post more often. XD

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...