Wednesday, January 5, 2011

"Waiting On" Wednesday 14


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine to shine a spotlight on upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Timeless
By Alexandra Monir
288 pages
Delacorte Books for Young Readers, to be released January 11, 2011

When tragedy strikes Michele Windsor’s world, she is forced to uproot her life and move across the country to New York City, to live with the wealthy, aristocratic grandparents she’s never met. In their old Fifth Avenue mansion filled with a century’s worth of family secrets, Michele discovers a diary that hurtles her back in time to the year 1910. There, in the midst of the glamorous Gilded Age, Michele meets the young man with striking blue eyes who has haunted her dreams all her life—a man she always wished was real, but never imagined could actually exist. And she finds herself falling for him, into an otherworldly, time-crossed romance.

Michele is soon leading a double life, struggling to balance her contemporary high school world with her escapes into the past. But when she stumbles upon a terrible discovery, she is propelled on a race through history to save the boy she loves—a quest that will determine the fate of both of their lives.


— Amazon.com description

My mom, also a big reader, has always said she looks for two things when picking out a book for herself: (1) romance and (2) time travel.

So when I read this book's description and thought, "Oooh, romance and time travel," it hit me: I've become my mother.

It was bound to happen someday, and, well, I suppose it could have happened over worse things than a good book description.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to Timeless when it comes out next week. Sounds a little bit like The Eternal Ones by Kirsten Miller, no? What book are you waiting on this Wednesday?

Anna Reads young adult book blog

14 comments:

  1. I've never read The Eternal Ones by Kirsten Miller. xD But I HAVE been waiting a long time for this book! I can't wait for it to come out! That cover is absolutelyyyy gorgeous! Great pick! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been waiting on this one for awhile. I love the idea of time travel mixed with romance. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Timeless is definitely on my wish list. Love the cover and the time travel aspect of the plot. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book sounds really, really good. I think I may order it next ;-) thanks for the heads up!

    and becoming your mother isn't such a bad thing.. if you like your mother! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen this around, and I love it more every time. Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Romance and time travel are a good combination, looking forward to this one too. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH how I love this book- obviously my recently posted review proves that.

    Fab pick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pick... I really want to read this one!


    Check out my WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I definitely still have to bust open The Eternal Ones. I have it sitting on my shelf per your recommendation, but haven't opened it yet. This one does sound super fab, though. Good pick, Nanner!

    ReplyDelete
  10. here's mine http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/01/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hah - don't worry about becoming your mother - at least twice a week, something pops out of my mouth or I bust into spontaneous dance and I realize that I have somehow become a carbon copy of my mom. My cousin even calls me Peg Junior.

    On another note, this looks freaking amazingly awesome! I love time travel and all that comes with it... This one reminds me of another love story/time travel that I just can't put my finger on! So sorry for bathering on for so long. Have a good Wednesday!

    Emma @ girl loves books

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this looks super good. Can't wait to read it.

    ps. I have an award for you on my blog: http://www.yabooknerd.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am excited for this too, guess I'm like your mom too saw time travel and romance and I'm hooked.

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love books in the Gilded Age! Thx for the recommendation.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...