Tuesday, January 18, 2011

When Reading Takes Over

Sooo...you know when you're reading a book?

And it's just so darn interesting that you can't put it down?

And suddenly it's well past your bedtime...and you're still reading?

And then you've overslept because you stayed up too late reading said book?

But you still haven't learned your lesson and you start reading again after your shower?

And then suddenly it's time to go to work and you're still in your bathrobe?

Whoops.

Yeah, having one of those days with Dash & Lily. Was contemplating shoving it in my purse to read at lunch, but then I realized...just let the book go, Anna! This is unhealthy.

What books have kept you that distracted from real life? Please share!

Anna Reads young adult book blog

16 comments:

  1. I did the same thing with that book!! I completely neglected a day's worth of work to finish it :-)

    On New Year's Eve I waited til I finished reading Delirium before I got dressed to head out to a party, haha! I couldn't put the book down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do that all the time. If I get a book like that, I take it with me wherever I go. I read whenever I get the chance. =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO many- I get completely absorbed and forget that there is life around me. Dash & Lily for sure. Delirium. If I Stay. Clockwork Angel just to name a few.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Harry Potter. Truly.

    Oh, and strangely enough - Dark Song. I didn't do anything until I finished that book in 4 hours. It was incredibly mesmerizing and dark.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh definitely The Knife Of Never Letting Go and Harry Potter.

    I loveeee when books cause side effects like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WITHER and Anna and the French Kiss! Honestly..Twilight did that to me. I read it during finals week during my last semester of college and just had to FORCE myself not to start New Moon until the semester was over. SUCKED ME IN.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many I couldn't even name them. Anything by Cassandra Clare keeps me way up past my bedtime. The Luxe series, Harry Potter, Twilight.

    Actually, now that I think about it, there are more books that keep me up late than don't. ;p

    ReplyDelete
  8. Currently doing the same with The Iron King... Oh, who needs to work? The only reason I do it is to support my unhealthy book habit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This happens to me ALL the time! On summer my family went to the pool while I stayed in the hotel room reading the newest Harry Potter book.

    On a semi-regular basis I'm severely tempted by books to keep reading past my bedtime, knowing that if I do continue reading, I will more than likely suffer a horrible day of zombie-ing through my classes... but I'd say I'm still only able to fight the temptation 60% of the time. As for the other 40%? Sweatpants, rushing to school, Dr. Pepper at 10AM kind of days. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Delirium by Lauren Oliver, Harry Potter series by J. K. Rowling, The VA series by Richelle Mead (which you still need to read!), Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma, Shade by Jeri Smith-Ready, Chasing Brooklyn by Lisa Schroeder, Just Listen by Sarah Dessen, If I Stay by Gayle Forman, The Darkest Powers series by Kelley Armstrong, Kissed by an Angel by Elizabeth Chandler... and those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The entire Harry Potter series FO SHO. And Twilight.

    We won't discuss how I had to bribe Ginger to let me into her Goodreads account so I could finish Delirium at work...

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVED that book! I read it right before Christmas and it was the perfect read. Plus it was really cool because I had just gone to The Strand on my last trip to NYC! Glad you love it!

    ps. Sorry about my excessive use of exclamation points!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah Dash and Lily. I certainly understand why you'd do that.

    The same thing just happened to me last night. I stayed up reading Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro, fell asleep, woke up late, rushed to get ready for work, then while drying my hair, I was still reading. :)) Ran into some traffic to work and read (good thing I'm not driving) and even read a bit while I'm at work.

    This has to stop. :))

    ReplyDelete
  14. I did the same thing with Dash & Lily's Book of Dares. Also, Amy & Roger's Epic Detour, stayed up until 3:30, if I remember right.

    ReplyDelete
  15. As for recent book I would definitely say The Luxe series made me do that. No one was more surprised than me. I just loved those books and was so sad when the series ended.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...