Saturday, February 19, 2011

In My Mailbox 8



"In My Mailbox" is a weekly post hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren about what new books we got in the mail (or library or whatever) this week. I'm so excited about what the books that were added to my shelves the past few weeks that I just had to jump in and share...




First things first, this was the highlight of my mailbox in the past few weeks: The entire Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare (to date anyway). Now, what nice person would send this to me OUT OF THE KINDNESS OF HER HEART? Ginger at GReads!, that's who. G, I adore you. Thank you so much for this giant package full of Jace. I read and lurved these long ago, but never owned a copy and am due for a reread in time for book #4!



Then I picked up this goodness at the library: Clare's Clockwork Angel and Jennifer Donnelly's Revolution. I've had these on hold for AGES, so I'm thrilled they finally came in.



This one came to me from NetGally: Lost Voices by Sarah Porter. I'm on a mermaid kick, so this is pretty exciting!



And, if all went according to plan, my husband nabbed me Stay by Deb Caletti, We'll Always Have Summer by Jenny Han and Evercrossed by Elizabeth Chandler to read on his iPad, thanks to Simon & Schuster's Galley Grab.



Last but not least, my secret book fairy godmother sent me Prom & Prejudice by Elizabeth Eulberg, which I already read and devoured and loved. Fairy godmother, you know who you are. Many thanks!

Anna Reads young adult book blog

22 comments:

  1. I loved Prom and Prejudice!
    Great haul!
    Happy REading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lovedddddd Clockwork Angel; hope you enjoy it! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for Prom and Prejudice (wasn't it awesome?) Very jelous of Revolution! I really need to read that one!

    Enjoy all the awesome books!

    http://blackfingernailedreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yayay you got some great books. Cassandra Clare is fabulous in general, so I'm sure you will enjoy both series! Revolution was very good, and yay for the S&S galley grab books! I really need to get a jumpstart on reading all the ones I have. Hope you enjoy them - I miss you! I can't wait to meet you @ BEA :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cant wait to read clockwork angel..ive heard so many great things about it!


    www.samajama27.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that cover for We'll Always Have Summer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thats so awesome that you got the Mortal Instruments series! I still haven't read it yet but I've heard such good things about it. Oh man if you got a galley of We'll Always Have Summer that would AMAZING. I liked the other two in the series and I can't wait for that one to be released. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. :-) Yay for new books that YOU CAN PUT ON YOUR SHELF & KEEP THERE!! :P I'm happy to have sent you the Mortal Instruments series. It's by far one of my favs! And my.. what a nice secret book fairy godmother you have ;-)

    P.S. Let me know what you think of Revolutionary. I still need to read that one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It has taking me 5-6 months to read the Geoginia Kincaid series because I have to wait forever on the books, lol. But I LOVE my library anyway! :) Thank you libraries everywhere!

    Great books!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved the Mortal Instruments series. Clockwork Angel was fantastic also. In my mailbox this week were The Hunger Games Trilogy and Before I Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have We'll Always Have Summer, too! I can't wait to compare notes, Anna! Fabulous haul all around :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay for Galley Grab! :) Awesome books this week...And I just realized that your label for this is "loot"...I actually lol'd. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey !! Great mailbox !! I don't know if you'd be interested but a friend of mine is organizing a re read chalenge of The Mortal Instruments series and you can win a pre order of City of Fallen Angels !! You should stop by her blog : http://ifmarybooks.blogspot.com/2011/02/mortal-instruments-re-read-challenge_13.html !!
    Clockwork Angel is awesome and Revolution is in my pile too !! Happy reading ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVED Revolution. LOVED. I wouldn't be opposed to having a book affair with Jennifer Donnellys books. No joke.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Heellllooooooo Jace! My that Ginger is a nice person :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Make sure you read Kissed by an Angel before you read Evercrossed! You might be a little lost if you don't since it's continuing a story :) A really, really good story!

    Lost Voices is good too! It's not a light and fluffy book though. It's a little intense. I can't wait to see what you think!

    You have a nice bundle of books this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. A fanstastic mailbox! They all look very interesting. Happy reading :)
    Check out what's In My Mailbox

    Mia @GrippedintoBooks

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats on finally owning the TMI set. Im one of those readers that has to own majority of the books I read because I see them as accomplishments. I mean you really gotta love those covers on this series!! Since you officially own this series I thought you might like to know there's a TMI re-read challenge going on next month and you could potentially win CoFA. here's the link: http://paranormallyromanced.blogspot.com/2011/02/mortal-instruments-reread-challenge.html

    I have yet to read clockwork angels but its definitely OMW. Awesome IMM this week. I hope you enjoy it all.

    Here's my IMM
    http://paranormallyromanced.blogspot.com/2011/02/in-my-mailbox-5.html

    happy reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey! I love your blog. I have been approved for the e-galley by S&S. How do I get books to read? can you help me??

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...