Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Top 10 Book-to-Movie Adaptations

It's Top 10 Tuesday (hosted at The Broke and the Bookish) and the topic is Top 10 Book-to-Movie Adaptations. Okay, so some really didn't work for me: Percy Jackson, Chronicles of Narnia, Golden Compass... But these not-quite-10 did. This is such a random list off the top of my head:



Harry Potter based on the books of J.K. Rowling
Does anyone dislike these? I mean, anyone who was first a fan of the books? I seriously doubt it. It was like someone had jumped into my imagination and recreated the books EXACTLY as I envisioned them. From casting to the special effects, these movies were perfectly done.



Pride & Prejudice based on the book by Jane Austen
I know what you're thinking, "But which version, Anna?" Gahhhh how to pick. Listen, I know the Keira Knightley one butchered it a bit, but Matthew Macfayden was a lovely Darcy. In the end, though, the best is the BBC miniseries version staring Colin Firth.



Emma based on the book by Jane Austen
No! Not the Gwyneth Paltor one! Calm down! I'm talking about the recent Masterpiece Classics version starring Romala Garai and Jonny Lee Miller. Swoon.



Eclipse based on the book by Stephenie Meyer
Say what you will about these books, I think Eclipse was clearly the best of the adaptations onto film. I know they're flawed, but I love 'em anyway! Besides, Robert Pattinson. 'Nuff said.



Lord of the Ring trilogy based on the books by JRR Tolkien
Merry and Pippin are my favorite part. But it was all done so sweepingly. Epic!



And, last but not least, Tom and Huck based on The Adventures of Tom Sawyer and The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
Brad Renfro! JTT! This gets the stamp of approval just in honor of my 11-year-old self.

Anna Reads young adult book blog

11 comments:

  1. I love that version of Emma!! Have you seen the recent BBC adaptation of Persuasion? It's amazing, too.

    I agree about most of these. Not a Twilight fan, but I do like how hilariously bad the movies are... so bad they're good xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also think Eclipse was the best of the Twilight films so far. And totally agree about Robert Pattinson.... mmmmm.
    And Lord of the Rings - awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brad Renfro!! haha Omg I forgot about him. I think Eclipse is the best out of the Twilight saga. I'm not expecting much from BD, but they could always surprise us.. maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so agree with you that Eclipse was the best!AND A BIG HELL YES TO THE JTT AND BRAD RENFRO LOVE!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. JTT!!! OMG!! <3 <3 <3
    I think my subconscious tricked me into naming my son Jonathan LOL! Good list :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK, this is really funny because my Dear Diary post on Friday involves my infatuation with JTT. I still might have a crush on him...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I completely agree with you concerning the Emma version with Garai. LOVED IT! I also agree with HP and Lord of The Rings--they were so good. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww, RIP Brad Renfro. I had a journal that had a cutout of his picture on the front with different colored lips all around it. I loved him a little bit.

    I've never read all the HP books or the LOTR books, but I loved all of these movies.

    And OMG ECLIPSE!! I loved it so much. Yay for your choices.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was so in freaking love with Tom and Huck when that movie came out. You just sent me back :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness. Tom and Huck was the best! I couldn't even begin to estimate how many times I watched the movie when I was a kid. JTT was such a heart throb!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Harry potter, all the way. yes. that is my side of the Harry Potter vs Twilight battle.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...