Monday, February 14, 2011

Top 10 Favorite Love Stories in Books

I can't help it! I'm doing my Top 10 Tuesday (hosted at The Broke and the Bookish) a day early in honor of Valentine's Day. The topic is Top 10 Favorite Love Stories in Books...can you blame me?

My favorite loves:



Elizabeth & Mr. Darcy from Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen
"I cannot fix on the hour, or the look, or the words, which laid the foundation. It is too long ago. I was in the middle before I knew that I had begun."



Marcus & Jessica from the Sloppy Firsts series by Megan McCafferty
"Gone for a while
Hoping, always, to return
If you will let me"




Dimitri & Rose from the Vampire Academy Series by Richelle Mead
"That's what I was supposed to say..."



Bella & Edward from the Twilight Series by Stephenie Meyer
(Whatever, don't judge it.)

"Do I dazzle you?"


Emma & Mr. Knightley from Emma by Jane Austen
"It darted through her with the speed of an arrow that Mr. Knightley must marry no one but herself!"


Anne & Gilbert from the Anne of Green Gables books by Lucy Maud Montgomery
"Gilbert Blythe was trying to make Anne Shirley look at him and failing utterly....she should look at him, that redhaired Shirley girl with the pointed chin and the big eyes that weren't like the eyes of any other girl in Avonlea school."


Remy & Dexter from This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen (Though I would happily substitute any novel by Dessen in for this!)
"I just thought to my self, all of a sudden, that we had something in common. A natural chemistry, if you will. And I had a feeling that something big was going to happen. To both of us. That we were, in fact, meant to be together."

And, to round out my top 10, insert ANY book by Jennifer Echols, Simone Elkeles and Meg Cabot. Those ladies know their love stories.


Much love to you all this Valentine's Day!

Anna Reads young adult book blog

25 comments:

  1. Ohhhh Elizabeth and Darcy. *swoon* That never fails to get me every single time :)

    Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to see Jessica and Marcus on your list. I just love their story. There are so many good love stories out there...it is hard to choose the tops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this list! Marcus, Mr. Darcy, Dexter...saawoooon!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome, awesome list Anna!! Your quote from JD series scares me.. is that a spoiler??!! I just started book 4 & I don't remember reading that. Aaahhh!!! lol

    I love that you included Remy & Dexter too <3 I think I would add Alex & Lena to this list too (from Delirium) - gahhhh! they killed me, literally.

    Happy Valentines day <3 xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omigod!
    I just loved your list Anna!
    Agree Sarah Dessen know about love...
    didn't know Sloppy Firsts but i liked ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I apparently need to get with the program and read some Jane Austen. And a big fat YES to Jessica Darling, Meg Cabot, and Jennifer Echols.

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO MUCH WIN in this list, minus Twilight. Blah.

    BUT ANNE AND GILBERT AHHHH AND REMY AND DEXTER MY FAVORITE SARAH DESSEN COUPLE. I'm flailing pretty hard here at work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the love in the Jessica Darling series!!! Swoon!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm just going to pretend I didn't see Dimitri's name up there :p

    I agree, Sarah Dessen's books always have a nice love story :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sarah Dessen! Love her books! All of these are great choices! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this post and the quotes! I may have to borrow the idea for my own Top Ten Tuesday if that's okay.

    And I love "Do I dazzle you?" Only a hundred year old vampire could get away with saying that :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous list Anna! The "that's what I was supposed to say" line kills me every time, that book was so hard to read because I harbor some intense fictional character love for Dimitri:) And of course how can you not love Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy? *swoon*

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the list! and love your blog, new follower here :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your list, Anna. Great picks.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anne and Gilbert are a great couple! I also had P&P, plus Emma would have been in my top 15.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your list and blog!
    New Follower!
    Here's my list
    http://frosybookreviews.blogspot.com/2011/02/top-ten-tuesday-2-top-10-love-stories.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome list! I love it. Good picks. I'm a new follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. here's mine http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/02/top-ten-tuesday-top-10-book-to-movie.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. Seeing lots of Sarah Dessen - really have to start reading her books!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Marcus & Jessica is a great choice, though I only read the first 3 books in that series, I believe :D Nice list!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, I fully approve of this entire list!

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are really very great Love Stories. I really appreciated your site and the variety and style of love stories.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the list! I was(am?) in love with Mr.Darcy, he was my favorite of all the male Characters in Jane Austen's books. I think the only series i haven't read is Marcus & Jessica from the Sloppy Firsts series by Megan McCafferty. Maybe I'll correct that this weekend when i go to the library if i can find them. thanks for the list i now have a new series to get started on.

    ReplyDelete
  24. So glad you put in Anne (with an 'e' of course) and Gil, my heart swooned many times over their tenuous romance.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I agree with everything you said except for Remy and Dexter since I haven't read This Lullaby..

    So glad you chose that version of Emma...

    Love that adaptation..

    And with Jennifer Echols' stories.. Aaah... I can't wait for Love Story.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...