Sunday, March 20, 2011

Dark Days Tour = Party Time



On Friday I took a half day at work, picked up Tara (Fiction Folio) and drove out to Naperville for a freaking great time.

The occasion? Dark Days, darling!

Pitch Dark Presents The Dark Days of Supernatural: Once in a Full Moon by Ellen Schreiber, Unearthly by Cynthia Hand, Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton, Desires of the Dead by Kimberly Derting, & Afterlife by Claudia Gray. Get access to the hottest paranormal teen fiction and connect with authors and readers who crave the dark world of supernatural romance, urban fantasy, haunting mysteries and thrilling sagas.

Four of these great authors were heading to Anderson's Bookshop in Naperville and I got to meet them all, plus 11 other fantastic young adult book bloggers.

First, I impressed Tara with my mad rap skills:



And then after a slight detour...




...(whoops?) we had a great dinner with a bunch of other bloggers that included Easter treats from Lynn (Bringing the Epic):



How nice is it to be able to have a conversation with people who have read every book you bring up? Loved it.

Then off to meet the authors—Claudia Gray, Courtney Allison Moulton, Ellen Schreiber and Kimberly Derting. Jasmine (The Reading Housewives of Indiana) asked a great question about what drew the authors to write paranormal. Check out their responses, with a bit of Claudia's cut off:



All four of them were hilarious and sweet and signed some books and swag for me. A special thanks to Kristi (The Story Siren) for the bookmark I got signed.





Also, is it just me, or is the "Will" on this Angelfire swag totally Toby from Pretty Little Liars?





With Claudia Gray & Courtney Allison Moulton



With Ellen Schreiber and Kimberly Derting


Then, some hanging time:



Me & Jen (Makeshift Bookmark)





Need a good YA recommendation? "Ask us!" The group, including: DJ (DJ's Life in Fiction), Erika (Moonlight Book Reviews), Jen, Lynn, Tara, Heidi (YA Bibliophile), Kristi, Jasmine, Jacinda (The Reading Housewives of Indiana), Susan (Wastepaper Prose) and Stacey (Page Turners)


The truth? Everyone was nicer and funnier in person than I could have ever imagined. Yay for bookish people. Now let's all do it again for the Dark Days of Summer Tour in June!

Anna Reads young adult book blog

18 comments:

  1. I am so jealous. First, that you got to go to Dark Days and second, that you met so many fellow book bloggers.

    Looks like a ton of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds amazing! Great photos and thanks for sharing! AND YES, he totally looks like Toby lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was seriously the best event EVA. Love all you guys and so glad we finally got to meet up IRL :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like it was loads of fun! I am super jealous!! Kimberly Derting was hilarious on the video :-) & look at how beautiful all of y'all are!! LOVE <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you guys had an absolute blast! I am slightly jealous! (okay maybe a lot!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like great fun. I'm jealous! If there's ever anything in the St. Louis area.... I'm there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww so much win in this post!! I am uber jealous. I was so pouty on Friday..and the boyfriend was like "what's wrong?"...I'm like well..I'm sitting here while all my blogging bff's are hanging out and having a great time with some pretty damn awesome authors. lol. He's all like.."ooh I see where I stand now."
    Me: Yep..that's where you do stand until you start reading YA books and blogging about them :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everyone seemed to have an awesome time; I'm so glad for you guys!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks like y'all had an amazing time! I'm jealous that I couldn't go and meet you guys, but hopefully we will meet one day in the future :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great write up! I went to the Minnesota stop and it was super fun. Your pictures are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH HOLLA. I love this post. And I love that I was so excited to see all of you that I legitimately squeaked and semi-attacked you with a booth hug. We must make it happen again. I probably can't go to the tour in June, but WE WILL MEET AGAIN.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOO HOO for meetups! The fact that a lot of you people are all together in one big pic makes me smile real big! <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm a stylist and visual merchandiser in LA and I'm beyond obsessed with your blog. I'm 23 years old and moved to California after graduating back in south with a degree in visual merchandiser. I'd love if you visited my new blog for multiple posts a day on all things fashion. Check out what Brad, Rachel Zoe's former associate shared with me and find out my latest trend report. I'd love the support. I'm following you, I hope you'll do the same. Thanks so much.

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    And don't forget to follow us on Twitter for all the latest celebrity fashion news, from an LA stylist.

    http://twitter.com/FashBoulevard

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! You must be happy right now, you had such a great day! Thanks for sharing it with us, and thanks for the video, I love it! Kimberly Derting is so funny :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Holy Crow!!! That is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds awesome! Plus, who wouldn't love to stop for a wine tasting detour!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This was beyond amazing :) I love your post on it!! And I can't believe you took a pic of the cup...lol :) We should do the DD Tour on Saturday this summer so Jen can make it :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Were we all nervous for nothing! I know you aren't a giant...just from pictures you look tiny, lol! I had a blast and I can't wait to meet up with everyone again! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...