Friday, March 4, 2011

Dear Diary Day #5



I committed last month to "Dear Diary Days," taking a look into my teenage mind by throwing caution to the wind and sharing my diary entries from ages 14-17. Goodness.

Luckily, a few more brave souls are baring it all this week. So! Another Dear Diary Day! First up, my best friend Dana:

Friday, November 6, 1992

Dear Diary,

Jason ____ at my bus stop is tottally cute. At the Halloween party, when we left he ATMITTED that we were kind of cute. And we said it was obisit day and he said that he hated us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You know what that means! And he meant it.

Ahahahaha. Dana was 8 at this age, so quite a bit younger than teens, but this is still extraordinarily awesome. Dana says: "Yes, all those typos and exclamation points are intentional." Yeah...she obviously wasn't acing her spelling tests.

Thanks for sharing, Dee.

And head over to Melissa's blog I Swim for Oceans and check out her Dear Diary Day entry, posted today. Trust me, you'll laugh.

Anyone else want to play along? Leave a link in the comments!

Anna Reads young adult book blog

9 comments:

  1. I'm scared to comment now.. in fear your sister will think I'm a true life stalker :P lol j/k!

    "obisit day" - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. obisit day. yes. I will forever use that now...with that spelling haha

    omg this feature cracks me up. I spent time reading my old diaries last night, and I seriously almost peed myself. no lie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for posting, annieface. :) unfortunately, the rest of my 8 year old diary is not quite as exciting. to sum it up: luke perry, my crush bradley hays, more luke perry, and my little mermaid sleeping bag. apparently i was boy crazed, but still a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. bahahha this is awesome. i totally miss opposite day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was surprised to realize just how boy crazy i was...kinda scary when I think about what my 11 year old step daughter is thinking about!!

    http://thewickedstepmomchronicles.blogspot.com/2011/03/dear-diary-hosted-by-anna-reads.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm laughing so hard! :) Opposite date! cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hehe, would love to take part, but i was always one of those people who would start a diary in January, write it daily for a few weeks then by mid feb i would give up or forget. It's a Shame really, but never mind.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If this were twitter.

    #YouKilledMeDead

    These Dear Diaries are great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha I remember when the school dedicated a week to crazy days. Opposite day, Blackout Day, Camo Day, Hat and Sunglasses Day, Twin Day... it was different every year lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...