Monday, March 7, 2011

I Am Number AWESOME



Guess what I did Wednesday night? Had a hot date with Alex Pettyfer (and Tara).

Okay, so it wasn't a date, because he was on the big screen the whole time, but I did get to stare at him for approximately two hours.

Neither of us had read I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore, and while I normally prefer to read the book first, we were really glad we hadn't. No judging the movie based on "it didn't happen THAT way in the book!" made it a lot more enjoyable, I think.

The first thing I turned to Tara and said afterward was, "You know, I really liked the movie, but probably for all the same reasons other people will hate it." ... aka angst, overly pretty teenagers who are really 20-somethings playing losers when they are clearly the cool kids, excessive use of puppy shots.

So, basically, I have to say I'd recommend it. If you love YA, you'll probably enjoy this movie.

Anna Reads young adult book blog

11 comments:

  1. Uhoh, we are going to disagree again... :p

    I do not find Alex Pettyfer attractive. Sorry. He's okay-ish, and I'll give you that, but I believe there are prettier (and maybe even pettyier) fish in the sea/ocean.

    I am glad you liked the movie, and I will probably still go see it despite my disinterest in the MC :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVED the movie when I saw it last week! I agree that i'm glad I didn't read the book first, for your same reasons, but it DID make me want to read the book. I'm really hoping for a sequel since they left it open for one. I found it interesting that the movie rights were bought a year before the book was even published, and definitely deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the movie too! :) I even read the book first and I still loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought the book was wishy-washy...and for once, my 12yo daughter and I said that perhaps the movie was more entertaining than the book. (That never happens...right?) With all of the drama surrounding the writer(s) of the book, the contract, etc. I wasn't looking forward to financially supporting either the book or the movie; however, my daughter and I enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is it wrong for me to admit that I want to see this movie just b/c Alex Pettyfer is in it?! What! at least I'm being honest! haha Must make this happen soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wanted to see the movie because of my boyfriend Alex Pettyfer but I can't because James Fray wrote the book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This movie is totally AWESOME. When my sister and I went to see it my mom was like "If Alex Pettyfer wasn't in this would you be seeing it?" And we were like uhhhh.... Probably not? XD Nothing like staring at Alex Pettyfer's face for an hour and a half. But it really was quite a good movie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bernie Kosar was my favorite character in the book AND movie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been bursting to go and see this film since it came out but just haven't had the free time. Can't wait to see it. The book is amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this: "overly pretty teenagers who are really 20-somethings playing losers when they are clearly the cool kids" that is SO true. I hope you read the book too. There's a lot of plot left out - I mean more than normal. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...