Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Top 10 Book Characters I'd Want As Family Members

It's Top 10 Tuesday (hosted at The Broke and the Bookish) and the topic is: Top 10 Book Characters I'd Want As Family Members.

Oh no WAY am I sticking to books on this one. There's too many good ones in TV and movies to choose from! From I started taking too long, so I cut it short at at Top 8.



1. Atticus Finch from To Kill a Mocking Bird -- Talk about a good parental role model!



2. The parents from Easy A -- Every single thing they said was hilarious.



3. Lorelai Gilmore from Gilmore Girls -- The more witty banter within the family, the merrier. Example A: click here.



4. Elizabeth Wakefield from Sweet Valley Twins -- I always thought that Jessica never truly appreciated her twin...not in the way I would have! Elizabeth would be my ideal twin sister.



5. Sam's little sister from Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver -- Oh my, what was her name? Regardless, I thought it was so cute how she looked up to her big sister. Their relationship was so sweet (once Sam came to her senses, that is).



6. Truman from Revolution by Jennifer Donnelley -- I just read this, and any mention of Truman was heartbreaking. But the look back on the little boy he was is so adorable. He had a lot of insight for a little kid. A perfect baby brother.



7. Greta (Bridget's grandmother) from Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann Brashares -- Even though she never got a response, Greta kept writing Bridget letters for years. That's loyalty, people. She was such a sweet grandmother.

8. My own family! They're more hilarious than all of the people on this list combined. They beat a book character any day of the week.

Anna Reads young adult book blog

15 comments:

  1. OMG YESSS to Lorelai!! She's my favorite mom in all of pop culture!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anna,

    I'm Kate Evangelista, author of Taste, and I just wanted to take this time to introduce myself. If you have the time, please stop by The Coffee Bar by using the link below:

    http://kateevangelistanovels.blogspot.com/

    I hope to see you there.

    Sincerely,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! I love that you included the Wakefield twins...great idea! I also included Atticus....best fictional dad ever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are interesting picks. I had tough time with it yet somehow picked TEN!

    Here is my Top Ten Picks post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG Easy A cracked me up so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Loralei Gilmore...I want to BE her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Loralie! I dvr the reruns on ABC Family. Also I loved Revolution so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice list! I remember really liking Elizabeth Wakefield, too. She seemed like my kind of girl.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do you love The Sisterhood as much as I do? I truly hope so.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE the parents from Easy A! When we were watching it my husband actually said, "I hope we're like them when we're parents." Such a great addition to your list :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Interesting list! Revolution was a great book and Truman really did shine.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The parents from Easy A were totally the best parents ever! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Atticus!! I haven't seen Easy A but now I so want to! Also, Revolution is on my to-read this and I'm really excited to read it. I'm glad it was on your list.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...