Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Top 10 Books Still on My Bookshelf

It's Top 10 Tuesday (hosted at The Broke and the Bookish) and the topic is hilarious: Top 10 Books I Just HAD to Buy...But Are Still Sitting on My Bookshelf. I hardly buy books (all library all the way), but I'm still guilty as charged. Whoops. Most of the books on my list would actually be ARCs, but that's like looking a gift horse in the mouth to show to you...so here are the rest:



Pretty in Plaid by Jen Lancaster:
Have you read her blog? Love it! Surely her books are just as good.

Yahoo! Style Guide:
'Cause I'm a copy editor nerd, and that's the way I roll. Yes, I will eventually sit down and read this cover-to-cover.

Gluten-Free Girl by Shauna James Ahern:
I've embraced the lifestyle, but now I need to read the literature.

Wit's End by Karen Joy Fowler:
My last attempt at a grownup book before I embraced my YA side full-time.

Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson:
Shhh don't tell Laurie.

The Astonishing Life of Octavian Nothing, Traitor to the Nation Volume I: The Pox Party by M. T. Anderson:
Has anyone read this? Thoughts?

Sense & Sensibility and Sea Monster:
A gift from my hubby, who knows I love all things Austen, or Austen-ish.

Persuasion:
OMG yes I haven't read this Jane Austen novel, despite my claims in the above sentence. This must be rectified.

Citizen Girl by Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus:
It's about finding a new job! And I got it while looking for a new job—hit too close to home at the time!

Sooo, you'll notice a lot of these are adult books. Someday I'll grow up and read 'em. I swear.

Anna Reads young adult book blog

16 comments:

  1. I also have Wintergirls on my shelf waiting to be read! And I don't think you should grow up like Wendy... you should stay a child forever like Peter Pan :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! I, too, haven't read Wintergirls. I need to get my hands on a copy. You must read Persuasion. It is definitely one of my favorite books by Austen. I've been meaning to read Octavian as well. My students LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally need to post my list... Except it would include my entire bookshelf :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. You must read Wintergirls. It's great - although not cheery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm surprised you even own books that you haven't read yet! lol I know you're all about the library.. and some book fairy godmother?! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I gave heard so much on Wintergirls. It looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loooooved Wintergirls, it's one of my favorite books, but very intense. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Girl, you need to read Wintergirls. I had an ED for yearrrssss and it was a bit triggering, but as usual, LHA was fantastic. Read it right now. Go.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Persuasion = BEST. AUSTEN. EVER. Seriously, P&P overshadows it a bit, but I think you'll find it resonates big time - adore Anne, adore Wentworth ****swooon****

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had some of companions to Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters--but I just couldn't get into them, so off to the used bookstore they went.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wintergirls is the only one of those I've read, but I definitely recommend it. LHA is always amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't read Wintergirls, but I almost buy it all the time or pick it up from the library...but for some reason I never do.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think you forgot book #3, I see it in the picture, but not in your list, the Jane Green, and that's the one that looks most interesting to me

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love Wintergirls! Not surprising since Laurie Halse Anderson is my favorite author, but still!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I tried to listen to Octavian Nothing on CD, but got bored with it and stopped. I might give it another go, sans CDs.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wintergirls is an amazing, haunting read. I could not put it down.
    I love all things Austen as well. I've been wanting to read Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters for awhile. But it's been really hard for me to find in stores. If only there was a sea monster trend rather than a zombie trend. But perhaps it's not as fun to say "Do you have a sea monster apocalypse escape plan?"

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...