Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Top 10 Dynamic Duos in Books

It's Top 10 Tuesday (hosted at The Broke and the Bookish) and the topic is: Top 10 Dynamic Duos.

My favorite kind of duos are the ones kickin' butt and takin' names. That's right, fighting teams. Best friends, romantic partners...you name it. I love nothing more than a well-crafted fight sequence featuring two kick-butt partners in crime(fighting).



1. Harry & Ron from the Harry Potter books by J.K. Rowling
They squabble like brothers and get into tons of mischief together, but when it comes down to it, this duo always does and fights for the right thing.



2. Percy and Grover from the Percy Jackson and the Olympian series by Rick Riordan
Half-god and half-goat...who knew that combo would make sure a great team?



3. Katniss and Peeta from the Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins
Such warriors!



4. Merry and Pippin from the Lord of the Rings trilogy by J.R.R. Tolkien
Oh, Brandybuck & Took. You fools. But I love you so, and when push comes to shove, you're two brave little hobbits.



5. Lyra and Pantalaimon from the His Dark Materials series by Philip Pullman
Talk about inseparable duos... PS: I never saw the movie. Should I?



6. Rose and Dimitri from the Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead
If you haven't heard my thoughts on this subject matter, please click here.



7. Meghan and Ash from the Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa
She's a little bit summer, he's a little bit winter. I loved seeing her thaw his icy exterior almost as much as I loved seeing them kick some bad-guy butt together.



8. Jace and Clary from the Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare
"I love you, I hate you, I can't be with you, but I want you so bad—look out! There's a demon behind you!" That's how it went, basically. But with a lot more EPICNESS and suspenseful fighting built in.



9. Katarina and Hale from Heist Society by Ally Carter
Every great duo list needs two super thieves.



10. Calla and Ren from Nightshade by Andrea Cremer
I'm Team Calla all the way, but of all the wolfy duos (sorry, wolf pack from Twilight and Sam & Maggie from Linger), these two pack the most punch. Wouldn't want to be on the other side of them in a fight! Bonus factor: Andrea Cremer says I look like Calla. And no, I am not sick of sharing that with people yet.

Anna Reads young adult book blog

29 comments:

  1. Mehh I need to read SO many of these from your list because I love the same kind of duos that you do as well!

    I did put Percy and Annabeth on my list..almost put Grover in there too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read about most of those duos and loved them! Great picks!

    Here is mine:
    http://frosybookreviews.blogspot.com/2011/03/top-ten-tuesday-3-top-10-dynamic-duos.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I put Kat & Hale too. And I can't believe that Merry & Pippin didn't even occur to me. Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked the Golden Compass film, but you have to realise that they took a particular plot and focused on that much more than anything else. They made it an adventure story of Lyra going off to save Roger, and had to forgo a lot of other things in the book. Also, they had to change some other things in the translation from book to screen. But I quite loved it rather a lot. Others may not share my view <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I many of the same duos(or slightly different ones) that you do on my list! Great choices! :) I've read half of The Heist Society on audiobook, need to finish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh Merry and Pippin - I completely forgot about them :(

    oh and p.s. love your comments for Jace & Clary.. it's pretty true :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How can you not love a top 10 list that has Jace/Clary right alongside Harry/Ron AND Lyra/Pan?!? LOVE this! Oh...and how could I forget one of my favorites: Rose and Dimitri! Our bookshelves must look somewhat similar. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pairs.

    As for the Golden Compass film, I felt so let down by it, they basically took one part of the plot and then got rid of everything else. The film ends at least 4/5 chapters from the end of the book, so doesn't really come to a conclusion.
    The special effects are quite good though.
    It may just be that i loved the books so much, it depends on the person i think, others may love it. But i really felt disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. omg! hahaha your stick figures!! LOVE IT.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I did Frodo and Sam but I love Merry and Pippin too! Also, good call on Percy and Grover :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the list! We have a few in common. LOL at the Stick Figure R + D ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. We have some of the same duos! I completely forgot about Katniss and Peeta....no clue how I could have forgotten them! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome picks! I love Rose & Dimitri!! I thought about adding Calla & Ren and Jace & Clary to mine but ultimately didn't. :(

    Jess @ Gone with the Words

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lyra and Pantalaimon are the quintissential duo! Nice choice. I never saw the movie either; I worried it would make me love the book less.

    I also love Heist Society - great list!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a perfect list! I love that you included Percy and Grover. I have such a soft spot for those books. I always steal them from my kids!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You're welcome for Calla and Ren ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a great list!!! Love your drawing of Rose and Dimitri

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is the second list I've seen Heist Society on, can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice list. Quite a few books I haven't read yet. I just got The Golden Compass, I'm looking forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Arghhhhhh such great couples, love this post!! I am going to refrain from saying which I love most because then I would go on forever and ever and ever. >:D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aww I love Meghan and Ash! Great choice

    ReplyDelete
  22. Harry and Ron ♥!! they are definitely my favorite duo of all time. "Lyra and Pantalaimon from the His Dark Materials series by Philip Pullman??" I have to say I've never seen this series in books or movies guess i should be off to the library? and probably while I'm at it try to grab Nightshade, and Heist Society lol.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great list! Love Harry/Ron, Ash/Meghan and Jace/Clary!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I had 1, 2, and 6 on my own list. Except that Rose and Dimitri made my number one :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I just found your blog, and I'm so happy I did. I can already my free time dwindling down and down... ;)

    I agree with pretty much everything on the list (I really need to read the Vampire Academy novels)

    Also, I may or may not have laughed out loud at your summary of the Jace/Clary relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I LOVE Merry and Pippin and no one else that I've seen has picked them! They really are awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Percy and Grover! Katarina and Hale! Your stick people! (even though I haven't read the series) I'm so ready for some Uncommon Criminals. Like Bieber-fever-fangirl-squealin ready.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...