It's Top 10 Tuesday (hosted at The Broke and the Bookish) and the topic is: Top 10 Dynamic Duos.
My favorite kind of duos are the ones kickin' butt and takin' names. That's right, fighting teams. Best friends, romantic partners...you name it. I love nothing more than a well-crafted fight sequence featuring two kick-butt partners in crime(fighting).
1. Harry & Ron from the Harry Potter books by J.K. Rowling
They squabble like brothers and get into tons of mischief together, but when it comes down to it, this duo always does and fights for the right thing.
2. Percy and Grover from the Percy Jackson and the Olympian series by Rick Riordan
Half-god and half-goat...who knew that combo would make sure a great team?
3. Katniss and Peeta from the Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins
4. Merry and Pippin from the Lord of the Rings trilogy by J.R.R. Tolkien
Oh, Brandybuck & Took. You fools. But I love you so, and when push comes to shove, you're two brave little hobbits.
5. Lyra and Pantalaimon from the His Dark Materials series by Philip Pullman
Talk about inseparable duos... PS: I never saw the movie. Should I?
6. Rose and Dimitri from the Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead
If you haven't heard my thoughts on this subject matter, please click here.
7. Meghan and Ash from the Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa
She's a little bit summer, he's a little bit winter. I loved seeing her thaw his icy exterior almost as much as I loved seeing them kick some bad-guy butt together.
8. Jace and Clary from the Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare
"I love you, I hate you, I can't be with you, but I want you so bad—look out! There's a demon behind you!" That's how it went, basically. But with a lot more EPICNESS and suspenseful fighting built in.
9. Katarina and Hale from Heist Society by Ally Carter
Every great duo list needs two super thieves.
10. Calla and Ren from Nightshade by Andrea Cremer
I'm Team Calla all the way, but of all the wolfy duos (sorry, wolf pack from Twilight and Sam & Maggie from Linger), these two pack the most punch. Wouldn't want to be on the other side of them in a fight! Bonus factor: Andrea Cremer says I look like Calla. And no, I am not sick of sharing that with people yet.