Wednesday, March 2, 2011

"Waiting On" Wednesday 21



"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine to shine a spotlight on upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


Girl Wonder
By Alexa Martin
304 pages
Hyperion Book CH, to be released May 3, 2011

As if transferring senior year weren't hard enough, Charlotte Locke has been bumped to lower level classes at her new school. With no friends, a terrible math SAT score, and looming college application deadlines, the future is starting to seem like an oncoming train for which she has no ticket.

Then Amanda enters her orbit like a hot-pink meteor, offering Charlotte a ticket to something else: popularity. Amanda is fearless, beautiful, brilliant, and rich. As her new side kick, Charlotte is brought into the elite clique of the debate team—and closer to Neal, Amanda's equally brilliant friend and the most perfect boy Charlotte has ever seen.

But just when senior year is looking up, Charlotte’s life starts to crumble. The more things heat up between Charlotte and Neal, the more Neal wants to hide their relationship. Is he ashamed? Meanwhile, Amanda is starting to act strangely competitive, and she's keeping a secret Charlotte doesn't want to know.


— Amazon.com description

I think every girl has experienced at least one totally destructive friendship. That's SO high school, and it sounds like the main friendship of this story is at least slightly poisonous. "Frenemies" or not, this looks like an interesting contemp!

Anna Reads young adult book blog

10 comments:

  1. I can't wait for this one, I really love the colors in the cover. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been trying to decide lately if I want to read this one or not, I keep seeing it places. And I think, I might be wrong, that this is on Netgalley.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good. I'll have to check it out. Great pick

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! I'm waiting for this book too. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this cover! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that NetGalley gets the Kindle button back soon so I can finally read it. Thanks for making me more excited, Anna!

    Check out what I'm waiting for this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pick! This book looks awesome. :)

    Happy Wednesday!
    http://readerbee.blogspot.com/2011/03/waiting-on-wednesday-4-gathering.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that the elite clique is the debate team. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this cover like WOAH!! and I think I would've had a heart attack if they ever EVER bumped me to lower level classes. I would've been MORTIFIED!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm going to have to agree with Bethany. I had to reread that sentence to make sure I had read it right. In my high school the debate team did not equal popularity.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...