Wednesday, March 9, 2011

"Waiting On" Wednesday 22



"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine to shine a spotlight on upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


My Life, the Theater, and Other Tragedies
By Allen Zadoff
304 pages
EgmontUSA, to be released May 10, 2011

High school sophomore Adam Zeigler, who lost his father to a sudden accident two years ago, thinks the best way to live life is behind the spotlight. As a member of the theater crew, he believes he's achieved it all when he wins the coveted job of spotlight operator.

But that was before a young actress, Summer, appeared in his view. Instantly smitten, Adam is determined to win her over. But to do so, he'll have to defy his best friend and break the golden rule of his school: techies and actors don't mix.

Set against the backdrop of a high school production of A Midsummer Night's Dream, Zadoff's latest is a bromance, a love story, and theater story in one. The politics of love and high school collide as Adam struggles to find the courage to step out of the shadows and into the light.


— Amazon.com description

I think authors write best when they write about what they know. Hello! Who better to write about high school drama clubs (and just plain drama) than a former professional theatrical director? Sounds like a made-for-Disney movie come to life. And I mean that in a good way -- it's the best indulgence!

Anna Reads young adult book blog

12 comments:

  1. I like anything with the theatre...and midsummers night dream!

    Our WOW pick is at BookSake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one is on my list too! Plus how amazing is that cover?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh oooh I want to read this one, hadn't heard of it but it's going on my list. Thanks for the heads up! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh oooh I want to read this one, hadn't heard of it but it's going on my list. Thanks for the heads up! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will be adding this to my to read list! I haven't seen it before!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LMAO in my theatre career I can definitely vouch that techies and actors most certainly DO mix. And so do the musicians.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haven't heard of this one but it sounds great. I don't read enough books from the guy POV but when I do I alwats love them.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/03/waiting-on-wednesday-9.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. This book sounds really interesting! I will have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing! *pause* Sorry! I had to switch over to GR and add this to my TBR pile :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks really good - looking forward to reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hiya! Nice choice for your WoW. This is my first week doing this and if you'd like to see my choice, hop on over to my blog...

    http://sandrathenookworm.blogspot.com/

    I just started following your blog too and it would be super awesome if you took the time to stop by mine and do the same! Thanks! (^_^)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...