Wednesday, March 16, 2011

"Waiting On" Wednesday 23



"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine to shine a spotlight on upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


Die for Me
By Amy Plum
352 pages
HarperTeen, to be released May 10, 2011

MY LIFE HAD ALWAYS BEEN BLISSFULLY, WONDERFULLY NORMAL. BUT IT ONLY TOOK ONE MOMENT TO CHANGE EVERYTHING.

Suddenly, my sister, Georgia, and I were orphans. We put our lives into storage and moved to Paris to live with my grandparents. And I knew my shattered heart, my shattered life, would never feel normal again. Then I met Vincent.

Mysterious, sexy, and unnervingly charming, Vincent Delacroix appeared out of nowhere and swept me off my feet. Just like that, I was in danger of losing my heart all over again. But I was ready to let it happen.

Of course, nothing is ever that easy. Because Vincent is no normal human. He has a terrifying destiny, one that puts his life at risk every day. He also has enemies...immortal, murderous enemies who are determined to destroy him and all of his kind.

While I'm fighting to piece together the remnants of my life, can I risk putting my heart--as well as my life and my family's--in jeopardy for a chance at love?


— Amazon.com description

Is he a vampire? I hope he's not a vampire. And why do so many book characters have to be orphans? Or is that not as rare in real life as I think?

Okay, so regardless, I'm sort of intrigued, aren't you? It's not like this is high-class literature here, I know, but I think I'm just a supernatural romance junkie. It's an issue.

Anna Reads young adult book blog

20 comments:

  1. That's a good question about the orphan thing. I asked the hubby the other day how many boys break their nose because every boy in books has a slightly crooked nose probably from breaking it at one point. I try to google it, but I didn't get anything, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a supernatural romance junkie too, and I happen to love vamps the most, but that doesn't sound vamp to me. Vamps don't really have a "destiny" when they're immortal and just focus on blood. And interesting that his destiny risks his life.

    And I've never really thought of the orphan question. My question (although it doesn't apply to this book) is why so many characters live in boarding schools. Are there more boarding schools than I realize? Ex: Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, Holden Caufield, Rose Hathaway. To answer both your question and mine I think it's the idea of the characters having to gain control over their own lives without any parental figure there to support them. At least that's been my theory.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is also on my wishlist. And I think I've downloaded it from NetGalley... Anyway, great pick!

    Chel @ The Procrastinator's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a supernatural romance junkie as well. It's so bad. I've had my eye on this one, too. I LOVE the cover! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have that issue too, haha. I just got this book through netgalley & need to read it soon. I wish you could read it on your Kindle!! sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pick! Orphans work well because you want the parents out of the way so the kid can take center stage - having to assume responsibilities that most of the young readers don't have to. That's the explanation I've heard for the prevalence of orphans.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely looking forward to this one, I love this cover! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent choice this week. That cover is beautiful and the story sounds very interesting...and I HOPE he's a vampire! (I'm a vampire addict, honestly)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Supernatural romance = WIN. Nuff said.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I kind of hope he is a vampire. I can't help loving the vamps.

    And maybe the orphans thing is coming developing because so many people were complaining about the absentee parents. I guess it is just easier to kill them off then to not notice that there is a boy in their daughter's bedroom. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am really looking forward to reading this one!! I have the same question about the orphan thing. lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. His last name is Delacroix, and he lives in Paris. I say chances are he's a vampire. OR MAYBE since he has "murderous enemies" he's a boy Buffy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looking forward to reading this one.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/03/waiting-on-wednesday-10.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am pretty sure this is about zombies which makes me sad because y'all, they are just yucky.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just finished this book last night and it was pretty terrible. Vincent isn't a zombie, vampire, werewolf, or any other common supernatural beasty. That's not why the book was bad, though. It was really poorly written, clunky uncomfortable dialog throughout...just bad. When I was finished, I was 1.) glad to be finished and 2.) glad I received an ARC and didn't pay for it. If I spent money on this book, I'd be pissed.

    ReplyDelete
  16. so sad Kelly didn't like this one. The plot sounds interesting and I love books that place in Paris :/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aw man... I'm so sad to hear about Kelly not liking it. I totally have this one on my list of books to read ASAP. Plus it's on my Nook from Netgalley :( BOOOOO. Honestly though? i'll probably read it anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...