Okay, okay, five days later, I think we can all agree on one thing: We love Cassandra Clare. Well, I hope you do. And clearly I do! I hope at least I've convinced you to give her books a try.
But if you've read the books, what's next?
1. First, relive the good parts. Go to Cassandra's blog to read this outtake from Jace's point of view in City of Ashes. Trust me, you'll want to do this.
2. And obviously you should then get pumped about City of Fallen Angels, which comes out next week. I can guarantee I'll be outside the bookstore when it opens to buy it. No, seriously. I haven't done that in ages.
I recommend going to Barnes & Noble. Their special edition book has this:
In City of Glass, Book 3 of The Mortal Instruments series, Jace leaves a letter in Clary's room before he leaves for a life-threatening mission. The content of this letter has been the subject of much speculation among Mortal Instruments fans, but it has never been revealed until now. In the B&N exclusive version of CITY OF FALLEN ANGELS, Jace's letter to Clary will be enclosed in the book as a separate piece, designed to look as if it was handwritten on stationery.Awesome! You can also read a full excerpt of the first chapter on the series' main site.
3. Also consider purchasing the audiobook. Because it features the voice of Ed Westwick.
Yeah, THAT Ed Westwick. Woo! Head over to Mundie Moms to to hear him say hello to Cassandra's fans.
4. Then, you should read this teaser for the new book. Yeah...wow. And if you're crafty enough, you'll track down the video of this scene that was cut from the book trailer. Google it.
5. Last but not least, speculate wildly about the Mortal Instruments movie! As MTV put it, "Perhaps we shouldn't fan the speculation fires...but...that wouldn't be any fun!"
Hahaha. Okay, so we know Lily Collins has been cast as Clary.
(Bonus: Phil Collins' daughter)
So who will be Jace? Oh, I know you all want Alex Pettyfer. And according to this article, he's no longer attached to a few projects...so the boy might have some time on his hands.
He is who I pictured the first time I read this series years ago. But, you know, the dude's in everything lately. And there's been some speculation about this guy Max Irons. I haven't seen him in anything before, but he's apparently in Red Riding Hood.
(Bonus: Jeremy Irons' son)
I can see it! Just make him a lil blonder.
Sooo...get pumped everyone! Thanks again to Cassandra Clare for all her support this week. You are the best.