Sunday, April 3, 2011

In My Mailbox 9



"In My Mailbox" is a weekly post hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren about what new books we got in the mail (or library or whatever) this week.



I was going to do a vlog this week wearing my SWEET new Sweet Valley t-shirt, but honestly...I'm too lazy to shower at the moment, so use your imagination.


From the Library:
Ship Breaker by Paolo Bacigalupi
The Rossetti Letter by Christi Phillips (new book club pick!)
Oh. My. Gods. by Tera Lynn Childs
Paranormalcy by Kiersten White
The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han


Purchased:
Desires of the Dead by Kimberly Derting (which she signed for me at Dark Days)
Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton (ditto!)
It's Not Summer Without You by Jenny Han


For Review:
Sweet Valley Confidential by Francine Pascal -- plus a totally awesome I Heart Sweet Valley tshirt (aka my new pajamas) (thank you, St. Martin's Press)
The Girl in the Steel Corset by Kady Cross (thank you, NetGalley)
We'll Always Have Summer by Jenny Han (thank you, GalleyGrab)
Shift by Jeri Smith-Ready (thank you, GalleyGrab)
Between Here and Forever by Elizabeth Scott (thank you, GalleyGrab)

Borrowed from Some Lovely Friends:
Divergent by Veronica Roth (thank you, Jen)
Nevermore by Kelly Creagh (thank you, Tara)
Across the Universe by Beth Revis (Tara is the best...again)*

Anna Reads young adult book blog

*I hereby solemnly swear not to bend your spines or dog-ear your pages.

19 comments:

  1. I JUST finished Angelfire and it was awesome! I'm reading Shift right now :)

    Paranormalcy, Nevermore, Desires of the Dead, Divergent...AHH! So many good books this week, Anna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paranormalcy is so hilarious! ALSO Girl In The Steel Corset, I am jealous and had to promptly request on Netgalley. I'm kinda jealous of Ship Breaker too!! Yay for the library!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never actually read the SVH books growing up. But that doesn't mean I don't want to read Sweet Valley Confidential! I guess that'll be my first SV book

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great books this week. I loved Paranormalcy and Between Here and Forever.
    I have Angelfire, Desires of the Dead and The Girl in the Steel Corset on my tbr pile.
    Loving the T-shirt!
    Happy reading.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/04/in-my-mailbox-13.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great books and the shirt is fun! Hope you enjoy Nevermore and the Summer books--they are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have got amazing books this week; happy reading...

    ReplyDelete
  7. You got some great books :) Oh My Gods is hilarious, I've heard great things about Across the Universe, and The Rossetti Letter looks really good! Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whaaaat?! So Jealous of your SV t-shirt!!! Have you read the review on FYA? HILARIOUS. I hope you like the book a little bit better :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. great books! the shirt is really awesome!!!! SVH was definitely the one that got me to become a book worm! argh! i so love sweet valley! ^_^

    here's my IMM: http://bookcomfort.blogspot.com/2011/04/in-my-mailbox-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait to read Desires of the Dead and Girl in the Steel Corset! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love forward to reading your review of The Girl in the Steel Corset, it sounds so interesting! You had such an awesome book week, enjoy them all and your new pjs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have some really awesome titles in your mailbox! Happy reading!

    Chel @ The Procrastinator's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  13. Angelfire and Nevermore are both great! I can't wait to read Across the Universe and Desires of the Dead. Enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I did not know you hadn't read Nevermore! I really liked that book. I'll be curious to hear your thoughts on it. I love that Jenny Han dominated your mailbox this past week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. So many fantastic books this week! Across the Universe and Angelfire are on my TBR list. have fun reading.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVED Sweet Valley High as a teen. The Wakefield sisters = epic!

    I wish I had that t-shirt. Where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Girl in the steel corset has been on my list for a while and I just recently got it from NetGalley. Shift looks really cool too! Good IMM!

    My IMM

    P.s- You have an ADORABLE picture for this, may I use it? (with credit to you of course!)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love borrowing books from friends! :) Love the t-shirt! I'm the only person who hated Nevermore, hopefully you like it as much as everyone else does. I can't wait to start reading Between Here and Forever, love Elizabeth Scott!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those Jenny Han books...I bet you made G$ pee her pants.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...