Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Top 10 Books I'd Like to See Made Into Movies


It's Top 10 Tuesday (hosted at The Broke and the Bookish) and the topic is: 
Top 10 Books I'd Like to See Made Into Movies

1. Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead
I know, I know, you're all: "Enough with these books already, Anna." Too bad, so sad!

2. The Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa
These two series get top billing on the list because my very limited imagination pictures the same actor as both Dimitri and Ash:



Hello, Mr. Ben Barnes. I'm not saying he'd need to star for me to enjoy it -- I'm just saying that it get a girl's imagination stirring! You understand.


3. The Jessica Darling series by Megan McCafferty
Lord, some movie studio out there help me visualize Marcus Flutie and his red dreads. Please, I beg of you. Because I have to believe deep down that this can be hot. Somehow. I trust you, Megan! Word is there's a script in the works.

4. The Absolutely True Story of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie
If the Wimpy Kid series can succeed, certainly this beautiful, cartoon-heavy book can be brought to life on the big screen as well.


5. Anything by Meg Cabot
Okay, so that Disney Channel movie based on Avalon High was sort of (okay, totally) crap, but remember Princess Diaries. I thought that was a perfect adaptation, and I'm ready for another Meg book in the theaters. I'd like to see the Mediator series or the Heather Wells series.

6. Heist Society by Ally Carter
It'd be Italian Job for teens. This book was made to be a movie.


7.  Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
I'm a sucker for anything movie in a Groundhog's Day-type form. Seeing the same thing happen again and again with little changes here and there can have a big visual impact. (i.e., Has anyone else seen Source Code?)

8. The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart
Who DOESN'T love a boarding school movie?!


9. The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting
The suspense is cinematic in the book...imagine what it'd be like in the actual cinema.


10. Dash & Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan
I laughed and laughed at the Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist movie, based on a book written by Rachel and David. Let's make that happen again!

So, listen up, movie-type people with power and money and the ability to make these dreams come true. Please & thank you.

Anna Reads young adult book blog

23 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog... I'm like you anyone who follows my blog or knows me I can't shut up about VA... Im obsessed and dying for a movie!!!! BTW I totally loved you stick figure review of VA, its was so cute and funny.. I actually made a post about it a while back!

    Also you can keep ben barnes for Ash, I am totally for Andrei Andrei as dimitri!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally Ben Barnes as Adrian, and Daniel Cudmore as Dimitri. Cos BB just isn't tall enough. Sorry, girls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had The Iron King on my list as well! Great list, I had sooo many I wanted on mine so it was hard to choose!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nick and Norah was SO incredible that I'd definitely love to see Dash and Lily done! Great list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I almost added The Iron King and The Body Finder. Great list. I'd go to see all of these!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I heard somewhere that Dash & Lily is in the works to be made in to a movie. Pretty exciting huh?! I need a visual for Marcus Flutie, too. I'm scared it would totally ruin my daydreams about the boy though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also included VA and Jessica Darling. I would LOVE for those books to be made into movies. I forgot about The Body Finder--that would be great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think The Body Finder would be SO good! Can't believe that it isn't in talks yet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vampire Academy, YES!
    Iron Fey, YES!
    Jessica Darling, RESOUNDING YES!
    Meg Cabot? Mediator series?! QUERIDA!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I would lose my mind over a "Jessica Darling" movie! Marcus is my all-time biggest book crush and, though part of me would worry that his hotness wouldn't translate from my (lusty) mind to the big screen, I'd be there on opening night to find out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I HAVE ALWAYS PICTURED BEN BARNES AS DIMITRI. <3
    *drools* lol

    And yes, I'd love to see another Meg Cabot! I love the Airhead trilogy..that would be very interesting to see..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Avalon High was the first Meg Cabot book I read and absolutely loved it...The movie, eh, not so much. Haha. But I'd definitely watch any and all of these!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So I pretty much agree with all your choices. A VA movie (or better yet, TV series, but I know that won't happen) needs to happen pronto!!

    The Body Finder... yes please. How cool would that be?

    More anything Meg Cabot is a good choice, too... especially those two series. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm totally with you on number 4! A while back I saw Smoke Signals which was based on one of Sherman Alexie's short stories, and I really liked it. So, I'd probably love a movie adaptation of Absolutely True Story of a Part-Time Indian. I mean, it helps that I loved that book.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my word, I would love a movie for Dash and Lily!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes yes yes! I love the Jessica Darling series :) Great choice!
    -Farrah

    ReplyDelete
  17. I agree with most of your picks! Meg Cabot, definitely. I loved the Mediator series. Also, The Body Finder for sure is a great pick. Part-Time Indian is a good one too; I loved that book! Nice list!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I agree with you about Dash and Lily!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Preger Entertainment is currently working on getting VA turned into a movie, I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your list is pretty much my list. And I totally agree with you on Ben Barnes!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I would definitely like to see a Heist Society film. I think at some point the movie rights were being auctioned, but I don't remember whatever came of it. But I know writers were wanting to age them up to college-age? Anyhoo. Yeah, my butt would be at a midnight showing for that!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Haven't read any of these books, though I am anxiously awaiting Before I Fall become available at the library.

    You mentioned Meg Cabot, I haven't read any of her YA novels (though I loved PD movies), but her books written for adults are quite good, have you read any?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...