Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Waiting On: Epic Fail by Claire LaZebnik



"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine to shine a spotlight on upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

By Claire LeZebnik
288 pages
HarperTeen, to be released Aug. 2, 2011

At Coral Tree Prep in Los Angeles, who your parents are can make or break you. Case in point:

• As the son of Hollywood royalty, Derek Edwards is pretty much prince of the school—not that he deigns to acknowledge many of his loyal subjects.

• As the daughter of the new principal, new-girl-on-campus Elise Benton isn’t exactly on everyone’s must-sit-next-to-at-lunch list.

When Elise’s beautiful sister catches the eye of the prince’s best friend, Elise gets to spend a lot of time with Derek, making her the envy of every girl. Except she refuses to fall for any of his rare smiles and instead warms up to his enemy, the surprisingly charming social outcast Webster Grant. But in this hilarious tale of fitting in and flirting, not all snubs are undeserved, not all celebrity brats are bratty, and pride and prejudice can get in the way of true love for only so long. Fans of Susane Colasanti (When It Happens), Polly Shulman (Enthusiasm), and, of course, Jane Austen will love finding out if Elise’s love life will be an epic win or an epic fail.

— GoodReads.com description

I'm going to put it simply: When have I ever not enjoyed a book that involves a "surprisingly charming social outcast"? I can see the Pride & Prejudice vibe they're clearly going for here, but I say forget Colasanti & Austen...this sounds more like a brat pack movie. Bring it!

Anna Reads young adult book blog

10 comments:

  1. Sweet! Never heard of this, but now I'm dying to read it :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one is in my "dying to read" list !! Can't wait to have it !! Great pick !

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like a fun read, but honesty? I'm completely in love with the cover! :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got a message from the book fairy.. something about sending you a copy of this?! hehe

    Hit me up on gchat & I'll share the details!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Books about "not fitting in" are intriguing...thanks for sharing.

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooooh I am so looking forward to this one it looks so cute. Great pick.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/04/waiting-on-wednesday-15.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've got this one on my list, too! I hope it's good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This one is on my wishlist also. It looks so cute! Great pick.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It does sound pretty good. I hand't actually read the total summary before but am definitely intrigued!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...