Wednesday, April 6, 2011

"Waiting On" Wednesday 24



"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine to shine a spotlight on upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


By Ann Brashares
368 pages
Random House, to be released June 14, 2011

From #1 New York Times bestselling author Ann Brashares comes the welcome return of the characters whose friendship became a touchstone for a generation. Now Tibby, Lena, Carmen, and Bridget have grown up, starting their lives on their own. And though the jeans they shared are long gone, the sisterhood is everlasting.

Despite having jobs and men that they love, each knows that something is missing: the closeness that once sustained them. Carmen is a successful actress in New York, engaged to be married, but misses her friends. Lena finds solace in her art, teaching in Rhode Island, but still thinks of Kostos and the road she didn’t take. Bridget lives with her longtime boyfriend, Eric, in San Francisco, and though a part of her wants to settle down, a bigger part can’t seem to shed her old restlessness.

Then Tibby reaches out to bridge the distance, sending the others plane tickets for a reunion that they all breathlessly await. And indeed, it will change their lives forever—but in ways that none of them could ever have expected.

As moving and life-changing as an encounter with long-lost best friends, Sisterhood Everlasting is a powerful story about growing up, losing your way, and finding the courage to create a new one.

— Amazon.com description

Oh my my I had no idea until recently that this book was even happening. And I am thrilled. Loved the books, loved the movies, and can't wait to hear what the girls are up to now. Especially Lena--she's my favorite. Kostas sucks, though.

My one beef with the franchise: You know those lovely scenes where they go to Greece and ride up the path on donkeys?


Gorgeous and fun, no? NO! I am telling you: I have been to Santorini. I walked these donkey paths. Gorgeous views, yes. But covered in donkey poo. As in, I had to throw out my shoes afterward. I made the tragic mistake of wearing flip-flops so most of the poo was on my actual feet. Nast. And the paths were surrounded by really pushy old men who want you to ride their donkeys. Eh, well, regardless, Santorini is still my favorite place on earth.

That's me in the bottom left corner. I might have been crying at the time about the poo situation. Also: Donkeys were right behind me chasing me down so I was running really fast, trying not to flip and fall in the shit slip n' slide.

Okay, no seriously, it really is the best place on earth. Look at this gorgeousness.
Clearly this path is less donkey-licious. I was in HEAVEN.

Anna Reads young adult book blog

21 comments:

  1. It's always the best when you find a continuation of a series that you weren't expecting! I haven't personally read these but hope you enjoy it!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh this is my WOW pick today too. I only found about it last week and am now super excited. Tibby is my favourite. Loved your Santorini story - it looks really beautiful and I love donkeys.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/04/waiting-on-wednesday-13.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found out about this one too. I love this series! I love your photos too. I've always wanted to go to Santorini!

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg! haha this post is full of awesome. I am SUPER jealous you have been to Greece. It's like my #1 international destination I WANT to visit! Seriously. So bad. Thanks for the footwear tip though.

    P.S. I have never read any of these books, only watched the movies - which I secretly love, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Without reading the summary, I never would have guessed this was part of the sisterhood series. The cover looks so different!
    I've only ever read the first one, but I did see the second movie...I guess this means I'll have to catch up on the series before this book comes out!

    By the way, your photos of Santorini are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY, I can't wait! You know what else I can't wait for? Hanging out with you this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, I have not really read the Sisters book, though, I am a closet fan of the movies and have NetFlixed them for mini-marathons.

    I adored the last one, especially Lena, my favorite.

    I had no clue this was returning. But now, I will be anxiously awaiting this book.

    Fab post and choice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I grew up with these books, with the characters aging pretty close to my own growing (a little off, but hey, can't be too picky can I? :o)) ... and when I found out a few weeks ago that they're coming back?! Oh the happy dance. I've been telling everyone I know who read the 'original series'! Definitely excited to see how this works...

    ...ps: Those pictures? GORGEOUS! Even with the Donkey trauma, it looks like an amazing place/vacation :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pick! I still need to read the Sisterhood series. This sounds really great! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is the first time I've seen the cover and I'm not the excited about it - I wish there were at least an idea of the four girls. Still I can't wait for this book either!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm excited about this book too! Watched the movies recently and I guess that has whetted my appetite. Nice choice.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I read all of these and this is the first I heard of this upcoming book!

    Love it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my word, I am so pumped for this book as well! I had no idea that this was coming out but what a great surprise, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a popular title today. Happy reading!
    You can find my WOW at The Bookish Snob

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am loving the pics. I hope that when you get your book, it is everything you hope it to be. Check out what I am Waiting On Wednesday for. Happy Reading.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have never read any of these books or seen the movies! I love your pics! How stinkin cool! Sorry about the poo tho :) lol! Nice job, dear!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow. Okay. Putting Santorini on my list of places to go before I die!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I very rarely can't wait for a book, but this is one of them. Pretty much my favorite series. I'd love to go to Greece, too, even if there is poop....

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for letting us know about this! I had no idea. I would definitely read it.

    Also, we're new around here, but your blog is wonderful. I love all the features. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...