Thursday, May 19, 2011

Book Expo America, Here I Come


Friends, as I mentioned before, I'm running away next week to move and shake my way through Book Expo America and Book Blogger Convention in New York City, so the blog may be a little quiet. What's BEA, you ask?

Basically it's a place for book dorks to come together and swoon and not get stared at for being weird. There. I said it. I'M JUST BEING HONEST.

And I can't wait for it! There will be autograph signings, chances for me to meet with publishers and a ton of fun events -- hopefully many involving cocktails! I think this experience may be a little, um, overwhelming... (see photographic evidence below)


...but I'm pumped to meet some of my favorite authors, get up to some mischief with fellow bloggers and mix and mingle with the publishers. NYC, here I come!

If you'll be at BEA too, come say hi! Here's a little "facial recognition therapy" to help...

Moi as I am typing this. 
Honestly, I'm a little nervous that no one will recognize me, SO LOOK CLOSELY! And say hi! I'm not a shy person, though, so...maybe don't be alarmed if I come running up to YOU. Looking forward to making some great new bookish friends!

Wish me luck if you're staying home, and follow along on Twitter to see what I'm up to.

Anna Reads young adult book blog

11 comments:

  1. How exciting! I wish I was going but I can't wait to hear all about your adventures at BEA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could go! Tell us everything about it! and lot's of photos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I expect full reports daily via text, twitter, skype, gchat, heytell, or whatever ridiculous form of communication we use daily! lol! I heart your face (and your shirt!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm pretty sure I'd know that face anywhere ;-)

    See you Sunday!!!!^∞

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know I'll recognize you :) Perhaps you should make a shirt that says, "Hi! I'm Anna. I read." ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. yay for nyc! i'll be at the BlogWorld on wednesday at javits -- same time/place at BEA?
    http://www.blogworldexpo.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a lot of fun! Can't wait to hear all about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would totally be there and talk to you. But school's stillin session *SIGH* :) Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to meet your face!! THREE DAYS! Well, two and a half ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. omg that photo does not look at all like you. are you still my best friend? that is all.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...