Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Top 10 Bookish Lies I've Told



It's Top 10 Tuesday (hosted at The Broke and the Bookish) and the topic is:
Top 10 Bookish Lies I've Told



10. “I actually remember what happened in Catcher in the Rye.”

9. “I'm going to read the book club book this time.”

8. “I don’t care how many followers I have on my blog.”

7. “Tara and I went out today during our lunch hours.”
(By “went out” I clearly meant we: “Sat together silently while reading like nerds.”)

6. “I read more than just young adult books.”

5. “I knew that was how you pronounce Ayn Rand. I’m not TOTALLY uncultured!”

4. “How dare you compare the Bronte sisters to Jane Austen? They are SO different.”

3. “I know which Bronte sister is which.”

2. “A book needs to have more than just romance to appeal to me.”

1. “A Team Edward T-shirt? God, I wouldn’t be caught dead in one of those.”

Anna Reads young adult book blog

18 comments:

  1. That made me laugh. Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna, this gave me a much needed laugh! And yes, I am awake at three o'clock in the morning when we have to be somewhere at seven.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol!! #10 is a lie for us too... And #5. We don't know a Tara, so #7 as well, we suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delightful list! I suppose I must concede that I've stated that I don't care how many followers I have as well, and that is, of course, a lie. I lied about not lying, I guess.

    I hope you will stop and take a look at my post: Readerbuzz.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bahaha. Your post wins for best Top Ten Tuesday that I've read this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! I love the different take you did with the topic.. rather than actual books, you went with specific points of a book or plot or character. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, I really like your approach to this week's meme. I just covered books I seem to not be totally honest about. I like your idea better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm guilty of 5 or 6 of these myself! :) thanks for the laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very funny. I totally don't remember what Catcher in the Rye was about either.

    Come check out The Scarlet Letter's Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha, I totally love this! I might have said 3,4,5 some or the other time myself!! ;)
    Fun list!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha love these! Very cute...am guilty of a few too...

    ReplyDelete
  12. +JMJ+

    LOL! These are hilarious!

    (And the Bronte sisters kind of asked to be compared to Jane Austen when they made such a big deal about not liking her books. =P So it's not such a big deal to speak of them together . . . or even to mix them up! There was one time I wrote on my blog, "Northanger Abbey by Jane Eyre" and was lucky a friend corrected me before a die-hard Austen fan saw it. LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You always make me laugh. Always. And AMEN to #9 & #1. Guilty guilty guilty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You may be one of my favorite people. I'm reading your blog and nodding my head going, "Man, I want to hang out with her! She's so like me!"

    Haha

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...