Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Waiting on Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins



"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine to shine a spotlight on upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.



Lola and the Boy Next Door
By Stephanie Perkins
384 pages
Dutton Juvenile, to be released Sept. 29, 2011

For budding costume designer Lola Nolan, the more outrageous, the outfit - more sparkly, more fun, more wild - the better. But even though Lola's style is outrageous, she's a devoted daughter and friend with some big plans for the future. And everything is pretty perfect (right down to her hot rocker boyfriend) until the dreaded Bell twins move back into the house next door.

When the family returns and Cricket - a gifted inventor and engineer - steps out from his twin sister's shadow and back into Lola's life, she must finally reconcile a lifetime of feelings for the boy next door.


— Amazon.com description

First Stephanie Perkins created Anna in Anna and the French Kiss, and now it's Lola in this book? She and my mother apparently have the same taste in names. If she names her next main character Kate (my big sister), then I'm really going to get freaked out.


This was Lola, aka the most gorgeous kitten who ever lived.
She even made it into one of those 365 Kittens A Day calendars.

Oh, Lola was a cat and it doesn't count? WHATEVER. Mom still named her.

Plus, every time I think of this book, I sing a little bit of this to myself, which is fun:


Okay, let me be serious, names and songs aside: I loved Stephanie's writing style in Anna and the French Kiss. It's definitely quirky and nails the teen voice, so can't wait to read more!

Anna Reads young adult book blog

19 comments:

  1. we have exactly the same book in this week's post! yay! i guess too many of us just couldn't wait to get our hands on this book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeeeek!! I can't wait for this book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for this one either! Looks so good! A little more edgy than ANNA, maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Anna and the French Kiss and I really can't wait to read Stephanie's second book =) !!
    Great pick ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was my pick last week! I am so excited for it. I love Perkins' writing style too and really enjoyed Anna and the French Kiss, so I am definitely going to pre-order this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yesssss! I can't wait to read this one either. And I can tell you that her 3rd book will not be about Kate :P It's actually Isla. Got any of those in the family??

    ReplyDelete
  7. I CANNOT wait to read this! Anna and the French Kiss is an amazing book. I'm more of a paranormal romance person, but Anna is one of my favorites. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am super excited about this one as well. Great pick! New Follower.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait for this book either! Think they will have it at the BEA??

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, if Anna is an indication, I think we're definitely in for a treat with Lola! Can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I sooo want this book NOW! Can't wait!! Great pick!

    Here's my Waiting on Wednesday pick. :)

    Jess @ Gone with the Words

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute cat. Loved Anna and the French Kiss can't wait to read Lola.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/05/waiting-on-wednesday-17.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. this cover makes me cringe, but damn, i want to read it so badly!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have Anna and the French Kiss, but I haven't had a chance to read it yet! I need to read it soon so I'll be ready for this one when it's released.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I’m eager to read this one as well.

    We adopted a kitten from the local animal shelter in December & named her Lola :) She is a sweet little calico. Your Lola was gorgeous! I love orange kitties especially when they are big balls of fur.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Could I be MORE jealous of the lucky few who snagged a copy of this during BEA? I'm thinking not!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I agree. I just read Anna and The French Kiss and I absolutely loved it. The characters were so real, the setting was amazing, the story line (yes, a tad predictable), but I really enjoyed it.

    I'm excited to read her other one when it comes out!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I loved reading this book. Even my Wichita locksmith service liked it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...