Saturday, June 4, 2011

In My Mailbox 12



"In My Mailbox" is a weekly post hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren (LOVE HER) about what new books we got in the mail (or library or whatever) this week.



First, I would like to start by saying that I realize this post is ridiculous. I hope you don't see it as bragging -- OMG look at all my cool, new, awesome books! -- but rather so you can get excited about the books you're going to see featured on this blog in the upcoming weeks. Trust me, I do realize how spoiled I am post-Book Expo America. Now, bring on the books!


Fracture by Megan Miranda 
Going Underground by Susan Vaught
Frost by Wendy Delsol (sequel to Stork -- review of that one coming soon!)


Liesl & Po by Lauren Oliver (signed! to me! I squealed)
You Are My Only by Beth Kephart
Bloodlines by Richelle Mead (spinoff of Vampire Academy -- signed to moi!)
After Obsession by Carrie Jones and Steven E. Wedel
If I Die by Rachel Vincent (the latest in the Soul Screamer series...which I love)
A Beautiful Dark by Jocelyn Davies
Pretty Bad Things by C.J. Skuse
Strings Attached by Judy Bundell


Delirium by Lauren Oliver (yes, I have this already...but this one has a note from Lauren to ME in it)
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
Abandon by Meg Cabot (signed -- again, I squealed)
Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater (Love this series -- signed!)
The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater (signed)
How to Save a Life by Sara Zarr
Cold Kiss by Amy Garvey
DJ Rising by Love Maia


Brightly Woven by Alexandra Bracken (signed -- I love this book)
Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles (another good one)
Blood Bound by Rachel Vincent (an ADULT book!)
Wonderstruck by Brian Selznick
Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa (LOVE this series -- Julie signed this one for me)
Whatever Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen
Fury of the Phoenix by Cindy Pon (looking forward to this sequel -- signed)
Ten Ways to Be Adored When Landing a Lord by Sarah MacLean (signed -- everyone says I should give this romance a chance)


Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor
Forever by Maggie Stiefvater (signed -- the final book in the Shiver series)
Ashes by Ilsa J. Bick
Uncommon Criminals by Ally Carter (sequel to Heist Society -- signed)
Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi (signed)
The Future of Us by Jay Asher and Carolyn Mackler
The Fox Inheritance by Mary Pearson (sequel to The Adoration of Jenna Fox -- signed)
Beauty Queens by Libba Bray


Books Purchased at Chicago's Printers Row Lit Fest for Crazy Low Prices
Sloppy Firsts and Second Helpings by Megan McCafferty (trying to collect this as I only have it on my Kindle now)
How to Be Bad by E. Lockhart, Lauren Myracle and Sarah Mlynowski
Frogs & French Kisses by Sarah Mlynowski


Last, but not least, a cookbook. This is a gift from my lovely friend Lexi, and I can't wait to give it a go, considering how much I love Hungry Girl's daily newsletters.

One box of BEA books is still en route. I'm nervous it's lost, but crossing my fingers that it arrives eventually...

Anna Reads young adult book blog

PS: Many thanks to Simon & Schuster, Little Brown, Harper, Penguin, Scholastic, Candlewick, Harlequin, Random House and more for their generosity during BEA.

27 comments:

  1. Girl, you got tons of awesome books! The Scorpio Races and Liesl and Po both look amazing. I hope you enjoy them both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome books this week. It looks like we got a lot of the same ones from BEA. Can't wait for your reviews. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be interested to hear what you think of Zarr's book. I was hoping to snag a copy but missed when it was out. I've heard good things about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bloodlines! No way! *cries* SO JEALOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Attempts to contain envy!! *covers eyes* la la la la :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh SO jealous!! I really want to go to BEA someday, it looks like so much fun, plus all the amazing books!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi :D I really like your blog and I love you taste in books ;) But have you read Lily of the Nile by Stephanie Dray? Its an historical fiction book, but its really good! Its not only history, but magic romance and a young beautifull princess who has a greater desteny then she'd ever imagen.

    Emilie Sofie

    ReplyDelete
  8. BLOODLINES?!?!?!?!? The amount I hate you right now couldn't be put into words by Shakespeare himself.d

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!! What a load!! It's like Christmas!! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Though I already had an idea of what you got at BEA it's even better seeing it here on your blog :-) Happy reading Anna!! & yay for collecting more Jessica Darling!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay!! Awesome load you brought back!! I know you're like giddy with bookish love right now. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bloodlines?!?!?!?!
    Jealous to the extreme haha. Let me know how it is. Love your blog, Anna! Let me know how it is :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG you total braggart.

    Kidding, kidding.

    Sweet haul, I hope your box comes soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. initial thought when seeing that picture: OMGTOOKEWL

    i'm so proud of myself for meeting your expectations of excitement > jealousy. even if i am jealous, i'm totally more excited for you and to see these reviews coming soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So so so jealous! I really hope I get to go next year!

    I picked your blog for the Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award! Check it out here! :o)

    Mickey @ imabookshark

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am really sad I missed out on Jay Asher's new book at BEA.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so jealous of all the BEA attendees, you all got an awesome pile off books

    Happy reading, good luck with reading them all :)

    http://kristina-worldofbooks.blogspot.com/2011/06/in-my-mailbox-12.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks so much for mentioning my book on your blog, Anna! I really appreciate it and am so hoping that you like DJ Rising and of course Marley. Wishing you all the best, ~Love

    ReplyDelete
  19. You paid to go. Don't feel guilty.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great set! I love the BEA mailboxes. I'm most excited about Forever and Bloodlines.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  21. You got so many great books at BEA! I hope you enjoy (I know you will ;))!

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  22. YAY for awesome books! Love your BEA haul. And YAY BLOODLINES, YAY! Can't wait for that one.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow! That is quite a haul!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I picked up Sloppy Firsts at the library yesterday and I thought of you because I know that's one of your favorite series.

    ReplyDelete
  25. So you went to BEA and those are all the books you got there??? I'm an 8th grade LA teacher, and I love young adult lit! I really need to go to next years. Hope the principal won't mind me taking the 3 days (it's 3 days, right?) off!

    I love getting new books for my classroom library. Opening my students' eyes to new books is one of my favorite things to do!

    Thanks for posting! I even posted your blog on my student page so they can now follow you, too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...