Sunday, June 19, 2011

In My Mailbox 14



"In My Mailbox" is a weekly post hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren about what new books we got in the mail (or library or whatever) this week.




Ten Things We Did (And Probably Shouldn't Have) by Sarah Mlynowski (I gave my first copy to Ginger and so bought this one to have signed by Sarah)
The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson (From Heidi - I adore you! Now signed by Maureen.)
So Much Closer by Susane Colasanti (Purchased & signed)
Bossypants by Tina Fey (On my Kindle)


I got the first three books on this list at a signing last week at Anderson's out in the 'burbs. These three authors were absurdly funny. I mean, if you follow Maureen on Twitter, you'd probably guess as much. But Susane just won me over. And Sarah! Oh, she's just my new favorite author who I also happen to want to be my friend. She grabbed my phone and texted Jen mid-conversation. LOVE.

Me with Heidi (YA Bibliophile), Tara (Fiction Folio), Jacinda and Jasmine (Reading Housewives) at the signing

 Then, there's Bossypants! I love me some Tina Fey, and my book club was cool enough to pick it for this month. I've got to get through it STAT for Wednesday night's meeting.

Anna Reads young adult book blog

18 comments:

  1. Great books! I'm really looking forward to read Ten Things We Did. Hope you enjoy them all. :)
    Em

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe she grabbed your phone to text Jen. That is freaking hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't get over how hilarious they were...Oh, and Ten Things We Did? FREAKING AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm doing the audio of Bossypants right now, and it's HILARIOUS. I think you'll have no problem reading it by your book club meeting.

    Also pretty picture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice collection of books. Ten Things We Did is a great title, it has me interested. Looks like you had a great time as well. Enjoy your new reads.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Name of the Star!!!!! I'm dying to read that one. Seriously!

    Enjoy ^-^

    http://blackfingernailedreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. So Much Closer = Felicity ?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, so jealous. The Name of the Star sounds great! Hope that you enjoy your books! :)

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  9. 10 Things sounds good & going to gave to get Bossypants. Audiobook may be the way to go on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have heard so many people raving about Bossypants, so it sounds like you'll enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I got an ARC of name of the start, but it isn't as cool as yours.

    happy reading

    http://kristina-worldofbooks.blogspot.com/2011/06/in-my-mailbox-14.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great set! Sounds like a great book signing. I really want to read Name of the Star.
    New Twitter follower. Old GFC follower.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm not a fan of the Name of the Star cover, but the book sounds awesome - hope you love it! The signing definitely sounds like it was a lot of fun, yay for meeting authors.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Once you read Name of the Star you have to let me know how scary the scary is...If it's anywhere from CSI to Seven scary, it isn't for me (life we discussed before). :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yea! I had such a great time at the signing :) What a fun group of authors and bloggers :) Hope you enjoy the books!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Strangely enough, I've heard Bossypants is pretty good. :]

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice IMM! Ten Things... is waiting for me at the library! Can't wait!

    My IMM: http://yalitwit.blogspot.com/2011/06/in-my-mailbox-monday-9.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. Look at all the pretty girls hanging out at cool book signings! So jealous.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...