Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Top 10 Cheesy Cute Moments in Books



It's Top 10 Tuesday (hosted at The Broke and the Bookish) and the topic is:
Top 10 AWWW Moments in Books


You guys know I'm always turning over the corners on the "good parts," right? I dug a few of my faves off the shelves to see what I'd earmarked. Please enjoy the cheesy goodness:

AWWW, Adam: If I Stay by Gayle Forman
"You didn't really get those tickets from a family friend, did you?" I asked.
I thought he would laugh or throw up his arm in mock surrender like he did when I beat him in an argument. But he looked straight at me, so I could see the green and browns and grays swimming around his irises. He shook his head. "That was two weeks of pizza-delivery tips," he admitted.

AWWW, Jace: City of Glass by Cassandra Clare
"Since I've met you, everything I've done has been in part because of you. I can't untie myself from you, Clary -- not my heart of my blood or my mind or any other part of me. And I don't want to."

AWWW, Doug: Forget You by Jennifer Echols
"I understand I can't have you. But I want to know you're in the world with me."

AWWW, Edward: (Whatever, don't judge. I'm over it now but it was cute at the time.) Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer
"Isabella Swan?" He looked up at me through his impossibly long lashes, his golden eyes soft but, somehow, still scorching. "I promise to love you forever -- every single day of forever. Will you marry me?"

AWWW, Ash: The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa
"I swear, on my honor, my True Name, and my life. From this day on..." His voice went even softer, but I still heart it as though he whispered it into my ear. "I am yours."

AWWW, Marcus: Perfect Fifths by Megan McCafferty (BONUS POINT FOR HAIKU FORM!)
"Gone for a while
Hoping, always, to return
If you will let me"

AWWW, Dimitri: Frostbite by Richelle Mead
"I couldn't return that...couldn't give her what she wanted. Not when..." He took a few steps toward me. "Not when my heart is somewhere else."

AWWW, Cabel (Well, and Janie): Fade by Lisa McMann
Because with the right person, sometimes kissing feels like healing.

AWWW, Sam: Linger by Maggie Stiefvater
"What are you wishing for?" Grace interrupted. "To kiss you," I said to her.

AWWW, Roger: Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson
"The best discoveries always happened to the people who weren't looking for it. Columbus and America. Pinzon, who stumbled on Brazil while looking for the West Indies. Stanley happening on Victoria Falls. And you. Amy Curry, when I was least expecting her."

Anna Reads young adult book blog

26 comments:

  1. I haven't read all of these...but it looks like you've chose quite a few awesome one! Even though I didn't know what the heck was going on they were still 'awww' moments! I live for those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh I had the Doug quote too! I love just about everything he says/does in that book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That haiku isn't a haiku. It's only got 4 syllables in the first line. Fail, author.
    There's an awful lot of men in that list. I guess girls just aren't that 'awww' worthy. Sadness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh, bonus points for the fact that each reference was an actual quote from the book! Love it! I'd forgotten just how much I enjoy Lisa McMann until I read the line from Cabel and Janie. Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lissa -- I chose that on purpose. I like dudes. They make me say awww a lot. And the haiku is okay to not be right -- it's sort of part of the point.

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWWW, to that last one especially! Great roundup. And no worries, Edward made us swoon plenty. Don't mind the haters. ;P

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm currently reading If I Stay, so I'll come across your AWW there soon :o)

    I did enjoy Cabel and Janie too from the dream catcher series! And I too picked Edward and Twilight.. no worries!!

    Thanks for the great list! Here's my aww moments list!

    Mickey @ imabookshark

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG! this is why I love to read so freaking much. Such amazing moments in books! LOVE it. Marcus steals my heart.. ahhhh.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great moments! I loveee the Ash one especially, that was SO freaking cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I literally awwww'd. These are so sweet, and make me want to reread the ones that come from books I've read lol. Great list. : )

    Ann @Semisweet

    ReplyDelete
  11. Some people (see: myself with my Northern accent) pronounce "while" as "WY-uhl" making it two syllables. So I guess depending on how you speak, the haiku can either be right or wrong.

    Just a thought :)

    By the way, I'm so on board with almost ALL of these :) Yay for bookish swoons.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Rose and Dimitri! That is a very "aww" inducing scene in Frost bite as well.

    Great overall list!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can't wait to read City of Glass.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love how you set this up. An AWWWsome list.

    I tweeked "awww" a bit for my own purposes. Here's my Top Ten "Awww" Moments. I hope you'll stop by and see what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  15. perfect awwww moments--I especially liked the last. Kaye—the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete
  16. MARCUS YOU BRING MY LADYPARTS TO LIFE WITH YOUR MAGINIFICENT WORDS.

    ahem, the others aren't half bad either ;p

    ReplyDelete
  17. Marcus is my crush to end all crushes! Thanks for letting me relive some magic.

    And I totally don't judge re: Edward; thought I laugh at the whole obsessive Twilight popularity now, I was eating that stuff up back in the day! (And I'll totally be seeing "Eclipse" so, you know.)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've read all of these minus 2 and you picked awesome moments! I love reading these and reliving it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. No judging on the Twilight quote...I have on my list from Breaking Dawn :) and I'm 42!
    I haven't read most of the books on your list but do have several on my TBR...Linger, City of Glass and If I Stay...my oldest daughter is reading Linger now :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I haven't read most of your book selections but these awww moments make me want to.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great aww-worthy moments. My heart is melting all over again,

    ReplyDelete
  22. Those are some pretty awesome lines. I haven't read all of the books. But I really want to.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Upon reading every single one of these quotes, imagine me ducking my head like a little Japanese girl, holding my hand in front of my mouth and saying, "Heeheehee." I totally did that.

    ReplyDelete
  24. There were so many "awwww" moments in If I Stay/Where She Went that it put Adam fight smack dab on my list of awesome literary boyfriends. Love me som Ash from Iron Fey series too. Knowing there are so many other swoonworthy boys to get into makes me happy. Some new series to add to my must reads from this list for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...