Wednesday, June 29, 2011

"Waiting On" Wednesday - The Predicteds by Christine Seifert



"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine to shine a spotlight on upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

The Predicteds
By Christine Seifert

352 pages
Sourcebooks Fire, to be released Sept. 1, 2011

Daphne is the new girl in town and is having trouble fitting in. At least she has Jesse... sort of. He wants to be more than "just friends," but there's something he's not telling her about his past. Something dangerous. When a female student is brutally attacked, police turn to PROFILE, a new program that can predict a student's capacity for drug use, pregnancy, and violent behavior, to solve the case. As the witch hunt ensues, Daphne is forced to question her feelings for Jesse -- and what she will do if her first love turns out to be a killer.

— Amazon.com description

Oooh, intriguing. I'm really looking forward to this book because it seems like a fascinating take on a concept I love to see explored in young adult literature: free will.

A little dystopian, a little romance, plus plenty of adventure and moral dilemmas should make for a great combo. I'll be reading this one come September for sure.

Anna Reads young adult book blog

16 comments:

  1. Ooo this does look good!

    Thanks for choosing it lol - I've added in to my wishlist! I do love a good romance dystopian :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeppers! I'm wanting to read this one as well! :) Great choice for this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had this on my to be read list for awhile now. It sounds really good. Great pick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the cover, and the summary sounds really good!....another one to add to goodreads:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It does sound good. Very Minority Reportish. That's the right movie?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the "Profile" program. Haven't seen that one in YA dystopian before. And I agree the free will aspect is going to be interesting...nice choice

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just picked this book up at ALA it sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds good, thanks for sharing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yea this is a great pick. I have heard some good things about this book. Its on my to read list already. Thanks for sharing and doesn't the cover just look interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. VERY interesting. I like the idea - it sounds vaguely Minority Report, as Amy said. Nice pick!

    If you’d like, you can check out my WoW here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes please! And (like you) I cannot wait to see how the author explores free will in her book. This "PROFILE" thing would probably predict that I didn't like it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This one sounds awesome - I first saw it at BEA and I'm super excited for it to be out

    ReplyDelete
  13. I sure have been eying this one up too! I love romance and dystopian, so this could be a great combo.
    Here is WoW
    http://literaryjunkie11.blogspot.com/2011/06/waiting-on-wednesday-120.html
    Happy Reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I snagged this one at BEA. It looks really good doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Christine Seifert is hosting a giveaway on my blog for a signed ARC of The Predicteds, if you're interested :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...