Thursday, July 21, 2011

Supernaturally by Kiersten White Review

Supernaturally
By Kiersten White

July 26, 2011
Harper Teen, 352 pages

Evie finally has the normal life she’s always longed for. But she’s shocked to discover that being ordinary can be . . . kind of boring. Just when Evie starts to long for her days at the International Paranormal Containment Agency, she’s given a chance to work for them again. Desperate for a break from all the normalcy, she agrees.

But as one disastrous mission leads to another, Evie starts to wonder if she made the right choice. And when Evie’s faerie ex-boyfriend Reth appears with devastating revelations about her past, she discovers that there’s a battle brewing between the faerie courts that could throw the whole supernatural world into chaos. The prize in question? Evie herself.

So much for normal.


— Amazon.com description

A Pseudoscientific Breakdown of What 
I Love About Paranormalcy and Its Sequel, Supernaturally:
  1. Evie is not afraid to be a girly girl, but she still kicks butt
    1. Not afraid to Tase a vamp or two
    2. Does so with a pink, bejeweled Taser she’s named “Tasey”
  2. Lend never misuses his supernatural abilities
    1. The guy can change his looks – look how rowdy he could get with that skill?
      1. Bank robberies, general thievery
      2. Intimate moments with supermodels
      3. World destruction, etc.
    2. But he doesn't, so kudos
  3. It offers something to everyone who likes paranormal reads
    1. Vampires
    2. Mermaid-like things
    3. Werewolves
    4. Fairies
    5. Trolls
    6. And many, many more, some of which you’ve never heard of
  4. All Evie really wants to do is put down the Taser, kick back her feet, and watch her favorite teen soap opera, Easton Heights
    1. Which is also what I want to do after a long day of work
      1. Vampire Diaries
      2. Pretty Little Liars
      3. Switched at Birth
      4. Nine Lives of Chloe King
      5. I realize this list is embarrassingly long, k?
  5. Evie says “bleep” instead of curse words
    1. This is hilarious
These books are cute reads that throw a splash of pink and a ton of glitter on a genre that sometimes takes itself a little TOO seriously.

Anna Reads young adult book blog

9 comments:

  1. I recently finished Paranormalcy and loved it! Can't wait for Supernaturally!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just bought Paranormalcy. Look forward to meeting the characters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Anna. You and your unique reviews. While Paranormalcy and I didn't quite click, I still want to read this one and hopefully we'll become BFFs. Always love your reviews & YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so totally with jen on this.....me and paranormalcy didnt get past the first date stage of a relationship, in fact, i kind of walked out before desert arrived because the company was DULL. HOWEVER. I am a fan of science, and who can argue with the fabulous example you have just displayed? i may have to give this one a shot, even though i DO want Lend to take advantage of his powers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way you wrote your review. I never thought about Lend and the possibilities of using his power. Gave me a laugh when I read your reasoning. Paranormalcy I loved, and I'm DEFINITELY excited for Supernaturally!

    ~ Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

    ReplyDelete
  6. 2.Intimate moments with supermodels... Pwahahahahahahaha... hahaha
    nice review! <3

    I actually didn't love Paranormalcy either, but I think I will give Supernaturally a chance! the cover killed me! soooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your review--hilarious. I'm SO looking forward to reading Supernaturally, due mostly to the fact that Paranormalcy is, like, my fav YA paranormal EVER. I can hardly contain my excitement :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. this. made. my. LIFE.

    nerdish organization forevahhhhhhh

    ReplyDelete
  9. It has romantic twists making the plot more interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...