Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Top 10 Authors I'd Die to Meet




It's Top 10 Tuesday (hosted at The Broke and the Bookish) and the topic is: 
Top 10 Authors I'd DIE to Meet

I start thinking of my favorite authors and, holy heck, it just hit me: I’ve met most of them already: Meg Cabot, Lauren Oliver, Maggie Stiefvater, Sarah Mlynowski, Julie Kagawa, the list goes on. Good lord, I feel blessed. Click here to see my pics with authors.

But there are plenty of authors who are still at the tippy-top of my wish list and a few others on my fantasy “too bad they are dead” list. Hey, a girl can imagine! 
Here they are, in no particular order:


1. Jane Austen Dream list! I’d love to kick it with Jane in the corner during a ball.

2.  
John Green Let’s be friends, John.


3. Megan McCafferty I. Love. Her. Why haven’t I met her yet? Though, to be honest, I’m pretty sure I’d just totally fangirl if I ever meet her and embarrass myself.

4. Suzanne Collins Would love to hear her speak on her inspiration for
The Hunger Games. Such a brilliant and original series – wonder what she’s got up her sleeve for her next project?


5. J.K. Rowling I am aware that the closest I’m going to get to this happening is when I go to Wizarding World of Harry Potter this fall. And I’m okay with that.

6.
Cassandra Clare Eeek! I’d just say thankyouthankyouthankyou for writing a post on my blog. You are fabulous.

7. Madeleine L’Engle She’s unfortunately passed, but her books were some of my favorites as a child.



8. Stephenie Meyer Only rule here: That it be just us. I’d love to chat with her, but I don’t think I could handle being in the same room as a bajillion screaming Twi-hards. Rob can come too. If he wants. No pressure.

9. Jennifer Echols Another contemporary fave. Let’s be friends, too, Jennifer!

10. Gayle Forman I hope she hasn’t gotten sick of “What happened to Mia and Adam next?” questions. Because I would ask about 50 of them.


Anna Reads young adult book blog



PS: When I made these pictures, my husband goes: "You know people are going to read this, right?" Whatever. You guys think I'm funny not weird, right? Right. (Or so I tell myself.)

22 comments:

  1. Hahaha. You are definitely funny. If you are also weird (I really can't be the judge of that, since I am told very frequently that I am weird or »ku-ku«, as my husband puts it :-), then you are weird in a funny kind of way. :-)

    If I would meet a contemporary writer (like J.K. Rowling) I would have no idea what to say to them. I am not interested so much in the authors, but more in the characters they create in their books. I would love to socialize with Lizzy Bennet and Emily Starr, hoping some of their wittiness would rub it of to me. :-) This said I still wouldn't mind meeting Jane Austin or L. M. Montgomery. I love 19th century and I would have a gazillion questions to ask them about their lifestyle and life decisions. They wouldn't be able to get rid of me … :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore this list! you are too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh! You're so lucky to have met so many awesome authors already. I love your photoshopped pics, hilarious!

    Here's my Top Ten, we have a lot in common! http://bit.ly/nMQa3k

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahahaha. Oh man. THIS is why I love you so much Anna. Feel free to insert my picture in any of those! and tell Mr. Anna to stick it where the sun don't shine :P

    p.s. I think Jane Austen is giving you the stank eye.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally funny, not at all weird :) MEN! Sheesh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny. Glad I stopped by this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great list, I'd love to meet Jane Austen and Cassandra Clare. I'm so glad I already met Stephenie Meyer:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh this just made me chuckle so much! funny not weird!

    ~Asheley

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this post. You are so lucky to have met so many. I will be meeting my first tonigh. Maggie Stiefvater. Love how you put yourself in the pics it made me giggle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not sure if I'd really want to meet J.K. Rowling - I would just stare at her in awe and make a complete fool of myself.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL too funny! Austen, Rowling, and L'Engle would be way cool to meet.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh gosh, you are too hilarious. Maybe a bit weird too, but aren't we all? =b

    ReplyDelete
  13. I didn't include JK Rowling or Suzanne Collins on my list, but I'd love to meet them. And I have actually met John Green, and he is every bit as awesome in person as you would imagine. If you ever have the chance to go to a reading or signing with him, don't hesitate!

    Love the photos - great post!

    ReplyDelete
  14. HAHA! Awesome list! I love your mad photoshopping skills too! (no seriously- I'm not kidding- those are awesome) :)

    -Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  15. Rowling made my list as well :) I love the way you've photoshopped yourself in these photos...made me giggle :):)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Most of these authors would be on my list as well.

    P.S. I think your pictures are hilarious! Not weird at all :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. hands down, my fave top 10 tuesday post. you are high comedy, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is the greatest post ever. So funny!! I agree with your choices completely!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very cute montage of you with the authors. I would have put John Green on my list as he is definitely a favorite but I've actually met him.

    ReplyDelete
  20. HILARIOUS. Loved these pictures. Can I have them autographed, perty please? These are just so funny. It's like something I would do. Although, I'm not as gutsy to post it on my blog--I'm not all that photogenic *lol*. But, I'm especially loving that pose you've got going on with J.K. Rowling. Too funny. Awesome stuff!

    ~ Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm a visual person I LOVE the pictures! So much personality and fun to the post. I will say, I met Megan McCafferty during BEA and I TOTALLY fangirled. She was probably all "omg, get this freak away from me" and breathing sighs of relief when I walked away. But, she was very gracious and so nice!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...